** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, fire mike said:

100% agree. Again, people hit Wisconsin and even UCF below the belt because of their schedule. Not those teams fault that the guys they beat aren’t “good” this year. 

Well and with Wisconsin they have dominated their opponents in many games, and their defense is very strong.

6 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Yes I agree.  If any team would get bumped in the top 4, I would support an SEC team as I don't think 2 SEC teams should bump out an undefeated Wisconsin team.

Alabama’s best shot was TCU winning. Ohio St. winning makes it close and honestly I would favor Alabama in that scenario, but interestingly all week on Sirius they felt OSU would get the nod. Even McElroy thought so. Mainly because of Bamas lack of quality wins being more important to the committee then bad losses. If the top 4 win they are in, Bama is out. If Georgia or Miami win they are in over Bama. Pretty much everyone agrees on that 

Edited by olddominionhusker
3 minutes ago, fire mike said:

100% agree. Again, people hit Wisconsin and even UCF below the belt because of their schedule. Not those teams fault that the guys they beat aren’t “good” this year. 

Thus the scheduling typically good teams, and not scheduling cupcakes. Cupcake schedules have got to go to make the CFP!

Most of UCF schedule is with teams that are typically weak, with one of two exceptions.

2 minutes ago, Bornhusker said:

Thus the scheduling typically good teams, and not scheduling cupcakes. Cupcake schedules have got to go to make the CFP!

Most of UCF schedule is with teams that are typically weak, with one of two exceptions.

UCF is going to run into the issue that Boise State did when they were going through their run.... the Power 5 teams aren’t going to schedule them (risk - reward ain’t worth it). In UCF’s defense, they did have Georgia Tech scheduled but that was cancelled due to hurricane. Also, not much you can do about conference opponents, although I’d say the AAC doesn’t get enough credit. 

For reference, the SEC will get at least 1 and maybe 2 teams in CFP and they scheduled 16 FCS teams this year. 16! 

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Well and with Wisconsin they have dominated their opponents in many games, and their defense is very strong.

Their defense has mostly played well against who they've played, can't blame them for that.

The best offense they've played in terms of yards per play is Florida Atlantic, at the beginning of the year before that team really got it going. The best BIG TEN offense they've played is....Nebraska. Which means they've played one offense in the top half of the country.

59 minutes ago, shyndy said:

I think the Better analogy would have been if Osborne was going to the Broncos and people wore broncos jerseys.  I would have just laughed I guess

I hope I would be able to say that I understood their excitement in getting a spectacular coach. Would I be pissed? Yeah prbly I mean who wouldn't in that position? But what I most definitely would not do would be to insult their fanbase and their state the way I have been seeing the UCF boards do. I really wanted to be a fan of the team but their fans reaction has really turned me off to them. After today, like Pontius Pilate, I will gladly wash my hands of them. GBR

1 minute ago, fire mike said:

UCF is going to run into the issue that Boise State did when they were going through their run.... the Power 5 teams aren’t going to schedule them (risk - reward ain’t worth it). In UCF’s defense, they did have Georgia Tech scheduled but that was cancelled due to hurricane. Also, not much you can do about conference opponents, although I’d say the AAC doesn’t get enough credit. 

For reference, the SEC will get at least 1 and maybe 2 teams in CFP and they scheduled 16 FCS teams this year. 16! 

The SEC is a joke. They play themselves and lose but still get props. It is unreal how the SEC is treated!

GA Tech is nothing to talk about when it comes to a playing a good team. They have not been good for some time.

8 minutes ago, Bornhusker said:

The SEC is a joke. They play themselves and lose but still get props. It is unreal how the SEC is treated!

GA Tech is nothing to talk about when it comes to a playing a good team. They have not been good for some time.

Georgia Tech has played in a conference championship game more recently than we have, if UCF was to schedule us would you consider that a weak non-conference opponent? 

Again, UCF is going to have a tough time scheduling non-conference foes moving forward because top 25 teams aren’t going to want to play them. 

UCF also played Michigan last year, so it’s not like they’re not afraid to go play the big boys. 

Edited by fire mike