** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think we remember that differently. Bo could have stayed longer AND kept acting like an ass if he'd won 11 games/a conference championship/avoided big game meltdowns. 

IIRC virtually everyone on this here HuskerBoard found Bo Pelini's consistent 4 loss seasons unsatisfying, and demanded to see some kind of improvement the next season. Most were rooting for Bo to breakthrough, and probably most weren't quite ready to fire him, but let's not pretend 9 - 4 seasons that ended with Nebraska unranked and irrelevant could have gone on forever. We'd happily give Scott Frost three 9 - 4 seasons, but if he was starting his 8th season with Nebraska still stuck the conference's second tier, we'd hear the exact same grumbling. 

Making us no different from at least 30 programs who like to think themselves relevant to college football. 

Fans didn't start getting that upset with Bo until after the A&M outburst and the release of the tapes.  If he hadn't been an ass and kept winning at least 9 per year, he would have never been fired.

Edited by Isle of View
  • Plus1 1
1 minute ago, jaws said:

That doesn't mean that it is hard to recruit to TN. 

Hard? no. Easy? No. That is my entire point. It isn't the easiest place to recruit to. 

I remember back when Fulmer was fired that the talking heads talked about TN Not being the easiest place to recruit to. 

5 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Georgia has more top 10 finishes. 

That is two in the same division as TN. 

Michigan State won the B1G and went to the playoff not long ago.  It's great that Ohio State and Michigan hadn't learned how to recruit yet.

1 minute ago, jessica0 said:

Miami hasn't been knocking down the top 10 list but a good coach can recruit top 10 classes there more often than you can at TN. 

How can you say this?  First of all, TN has had 8 top 10 recruiting classes in the last 17 years.  This was under 4 different coaches.  TN hasn't had any coaching stability whatsoever for quite a while, yet they were still bringing in top 10 classes.  It's ok to admit you are wrong.  TN has been easy to recruit to. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Hard? no. Easy? No. That is my entire point. It isn't the easiest place to recruit to. 

I remember back when Fulmer was fired that the talking heads talked about TN Not being the easiest place to recruit to. 

The guy that was fired said it wasn't the easiest place to recruit...good to know.  If it isn't hard or easy, then what is it? medium? 

4 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

Michigan State won the B1G and went to the playoff not long ago.  It's great that Ohio State and Michigan hadn't learned how to recruit yet.

How can you say this?  First of all, TN has had 8 top 10 recruiting classes in the last 17 years.  This was under 4 different coaches.  TN hasn't had any coaching stability whatsoever for quite a while, yet they were still bringing in top 10 classes.  It's ok to admit you are wrong.  TN has been easy to recruit to. 

I didn't say it was impossible to get a top 10 class. Go back and read what I said. It isn't the EASIEST place to recruit to. You can't just get in a car and half multiple 4-stars within a day drive for multiple schools like you can at Miami or Texas or Florida and others like USCw. 

The eastern part of TN doesn't produce much for football recruits. There aren't at on of recruits in TN on an annual basis and programs like Bama go hard at the same places in TN as TN does for their in-state recruiting. 

If you want an easy recruiting spot for an SEC job, you go to LSU or Florida. 

1 minute ago, jessica0 said:

Fulmer wasn't a talking head. SMH. 

Lets see if I have this right. So the talking heads were making excuses for the next coach coming in case they couldn't recruit as well as Fulmer. However, the next few coaches were able to recruit at the same standard even though there has been little stability at the HC position and they haven't had much success on the field.

• Plus1 2

I learn something new every day.  Today, I learned that the past four coaches at TN have been absolute recruiting studs.  Whether you consider TN easy for recruiting or not, it doesn't change the fact that they have way underperformed for the talent they have.  It also doesn't change the fact that they have recruited quite a bit better than we have.  If I'm a coach looking for a program to make my mark, I'm probably choosing the program where I will have an easier time getting talent. 

17 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

Fans didn't start getting that upset with Bo until after the A&M outburst and the release of the tapes.  If he hadn't been an ass and kept winning at least 9 per year, he would have never been fired.

How many Husker fans would have been content with a more pleasant Bo Pelini failing to compete for the conference championship and getting blown out in nationally televised games for enternity? 

Tennessee is close to a couple of areas with tons of talent.  All of the south has talent.  Not as much as Florida and Texas, but close.  When Tennessee is rocky, they have a ton of kids from Georgia, next door.  Ohio and Pennsylvania are also not too far away.  Tons of talent there.  Weather is not as good as the deep south, but not as bad as Nebraska.