** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

I didn’t say that,FTW did, but I see what you mean.

Sorry about that. The quote feature on this version of the board is a little wonky. You can't quote out of a quoted post. I just took what you quoted instead of going to his post, and it put your name on it. Bleh.

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

I'm not expecting everyone to be able to realize that, but I have been watching him since he took over as the OC at Oregon and have watched every game either live on TV/Internet or YouTube (rewinds of games) and he is a brilliant play caller. 

And you need to realize some here knew who powdered his bum at birth. 

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, brophog said:

And you need to realize some here knew who powdered his bum at birth. 

Just now, knapplc said:

And actually knows these people.  Personally.

We bumped into each other at a wedding once; does that make me an insider? 

31 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

Just curious . . . what were you saying back when Riley was hired and people were touting him as the savior who would do so much more with good resources?

I'll tell you exactly what I said, and it's probably searchable somewhere on this board: I said that I felt like Eichorst was hiring a "nobody" that was too nice to fire. And that there's no such thing as "too nice to fire" in Lincoln.

Eichorst's tunnel vision for Riley was complete stupidity. He openly talked to the press about how he was even looking at him when he was at Miami. 

I wanted to spend big money on a coach that had consistently competed for or won at least conference titles as a head coach of a Power 5 conference. It seems slap-you-in-the-face obvious that it's what we should have done. I would have even put up with 1-2 more seasons of Bo's inability to win a conference title to find that guy.

Now that Frost does have head coaching experience and is obviously (at least somewhat of) a burgeoning success, the idea of him as our #1 target has really grown on me and I'd be thrilled to bring him in for 2018. Absolutely thrilled.

• Plus1 2

Okay Mr. Knapplcknows!!!   Is he coming to Nebraska in your opinion?

Sorry I don't put much faith in what  many others say on this board.  And a lot less recently, they seem to be coming out of the woodwork.

Good for Eric and Blackshirt I guess.  lol

Edited by skersfan
13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This really is the bottom line. Barring some miracle finish in the last five games, Riley is done.

Even with a miracle finish, I give it 50/50 odds they don't force him to "retire." 

4-1 would be a miracle. 3-2, we must have been lucky in a few of those remaining games. Sometimes that's what it takes. I have a feeling we'll go 2-3 in the final stretch. We'll probably lose a game we shouldn't in the next 3 weeks PUR/NW/MN -- take your pick, along with a blowout loss to PSU and loss to Iowa. 5-7 overall, Riley is sent packing. Based on his history at Oregon State, that's the result I expect.

Edited by FTW
1 hour ago, FTW said:

I'm going to point out one glaring difference. Osborne won championships, Solich was a part of those championships and won a championship at Nebraska. Bo did not. So you might as well start bitching over how Bill Callahan got the axe, too. 

Pointless, right?

No?

I think the differences and similarities are how you track the progress (or regress) of Nebraska football. And you can't make the case for expectation and entitlement without it. 

And you are really reading this wrong if you think I'm bitching about Bo Pelini being fired. 

7 minutes ago, skersfan said:

Okay Mr. Knapplcknows!!!   Is he coming to Nebraska in your opinion?

Not only have I not asked, I wouldn't expect a straight answer if I did.  I haven't seen Scott in ages, but I see his parents all the time.  The last thing they want is to be pestered with questions about his future, or made to think that the people they know only want to know them because of their association with him. 

EDIT - and I know you know I wouldn't do that, and were just joking. But I wanted to be clear on that.  I don't name drop and I don't post "insider" information. I think people who do that are trying to get internet bonus points and not thinking about the person they're talking about.  It's crass.

Edited by knapplc
  • Plus1 6

4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

No?

I think the differences and similarities are how you track the progress (or regress) of Nebraska football. And you can't make the case for expectation and entitlement without it. 

And you are really reading this wrong if you think I'm bitching about Bo Pelini being fired. 

Give me a break, I can go look at your post activity -- you've been belly aching over and over about BP for 3 YEARS now. Get over it man! He's old news! I'm not trying to ruffle some feathers, you really have to move on and let bygones be bygones.

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Not only have I not asked, I wouldn't expect a straight answer if I did.  I haven't seen Scott in ages, but I see his parents all the time.  The last thing they want is to be pestered with questions about his future, or made to think that the people they know only want to know them because of their association with him. 

Come on Sock!

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

EDIT - and I know you know I wouldn't do that, and were just joking. But I wanted to be clear on that.  I don't name drop and I don't post "insider" information. I think people who do that are trying to get internet bonus points and not thinking about the person they're talking about.  It's crass.

Exactly. All you have to do is look back at the latest AD search for all of the insider info that turned out to be fake news. We know the discussion with Aaron and Scott is legit news. What the final choices are between the various parties involved (other P5 schools offering Scott, Scott going or staying, Nebraska doing their thing) is what we all have to wait and see.