** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

7 minutes ago, FTW said:

Give me a break, I can go look at your post activity -- you've been belly aching over and over about BP for 3 YEARS now. Get over it man! He's old news! I'm not trying to ruffle some feathers, you really have to move on and let bygones be bygones.

Uhm....I was responding directly to Bo-related posts from Junior and Isle of View. More food for thought than bellyaching. But thanks for jumping in. 

If the subject is Nebraska football, Bo's name is going to come up again, as is Osborne, Solich, Callahan,  Devaney and Riley. You're just going to have to get over it. 

12 minutes ago, skersfan said:

I have had the feeling that Jessica0 and the Sock Puppet were the same, or Mrs. Frost.  But have re evaluated that idea.  Just another crazy Nebraska fan who only wants the best for Nebraska.

What I want for Nebraska is to be a good football program again. I don't care if it is Scott Frost or not, I'm just a strong believer in his offense and play calling. It is useless to sign 25 5-stars every recruiting class if the head coach fricken sucks. You can recruit 25 solid 3-stars every class and produce a good product with a solid football coach. 

What Nebraska needs to do is NOT do the same thing that a lot of other schools do and that is the usual spread BS or pro style. Power spread isn't that common around college football. A lot of teams try to mix in some concepts of what Scott Frost does to go along with their schemes, but it doesn't yild much for them since they try to be a jack of all trades instead of mastering a few things and make it work. 

The offense that Scott Frost runs is based off some simple concepts that goes back to the Tom Osborne days. He isn't forcing the QB to anticipate the defense and routes, etc, 40 times a game like Riley does, like the FSU head coach does, and the like. Instead he makes the QB make simple keys (LB instead of DE as an example) and can go outside or inside, or bubble screen based on call and formations. 

Safety comes down then throw over their heads. Safety stays deep then run on their ass all game long. Exactly what Tom Osborne did. 

Edited by jessica0
  • Plus1 2

56 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

What I want for Nebraska is to be a good football program again. I don't care if it is Scott Frost or not, I'm just a strong believer in his offense and play calling.

I thought you were more of a believe in Navy's offensive system...

58 minutes ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

So on average, a 4*. How is that not at all impressive?

It is impressive but we take too much stock into these stars now. I'd prefer recruiting the right people for a specific culture you're trying to achieve rather than impress the recruiting experts. That's why teams like Wisconsin and Iowa beat us even though we recruit better overall.

Frost does have a track record of bringing out the best in his players. There's no reason he couldn't do the same here.

32 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

Exactly.  I really don't know what to make of AT's post.

Call it premature and unnecessary. It doesn't do Frost or us any good because nothing is official. I've heard silly rumors that Frost has already signed a deal right after Moos was hired. Until it comes from Scott himself, people need to just be patient. He isn't thinking about Nebraska right now. He's thinking about getting UCF to a New Year's Six bowl and his newborn baby. All the talk here is just fun speculation. I do expect something to come up on or around Iowa prep week.

26 minutes ago, FTW said:

It is impressive but we take too much stock into these stars now. I'd prefer recruiting the right people for a specific culture you're trying to achieve rather than impress the recruiting experts. That's why teams like Wisconsin and Iowa beat us even though we recruit better overall.

Frost does have a track record of bringing out the best in his players. There's no reason he couldn't do the same here.

The star system is flawed. These kids might do great in a Football Camp situation or high school level game but not perform as well during a live college level game. We've seen that with the highly ranked kids Riley has recruited.