** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, Isle of View said:

Just curious . . . what were you saying back when Riley was hired and people were touting him as the savior who would do so much more with good resources?

Nobody was saying that. Many of us were hoping for that, but that's just normal fan optimism.

Most people were too busy googling his name & history to make any such proclamations. 

• Plus1 3

8 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

Scott Frost explaining why he went to UCF and how things have been easier for him there, etc. Yet another reason he will choose a place like Tennessee over Nebraska

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/aac/2016/05/10/ucf-football-coach-scott-frost-central-florida-knights/84171392/

Outside of Freeman, not all that impressive. On average, High 80's to low 90's over several years there. 

Were you expecting to see 50 4-stars or something? He was their WR coach for a while and brought in 4-star WR's. He was their OC for a while and brought in some QB's. Remember what isn't listed there are the QB transfers he brought in. 

Scott Frost is legit. I'm not expecting everyone to be able to realize that, but I have been watching him since he took over as the OC at Oregon and have watched every game either live on TV/Internet or YouTube (rewinds of games) and he is a brilliant play caller. It doesn't matter who he has that is new at the QB spot, it doesn't take 3 seasons to see results, it is almost immediate. 

He doesn't run a complex scheme. 

24 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Do any of them have names?  I'm not trying to bust balls with this. I'm legitimately in the dark and would like to know.

The link to 247sports.com you were given showing recruits he signed at UO is a little misleading such as Royce Freeman. He wasn't recruited by Frost but Gary Campbell. However, the majority of his recruits were 4-star QB's, WR's or ATH with numerous power 5 offers. Funny how either Scott Frost or Tom Osborne were primary recruiters :lol:

Their dual threat QB that torched us, Justin Herbert, Frost recruit. Charles Nelson WR who led them in receiving and a TD against us this year was recruited by Frost.

Just now, jessica0 said:

Scott Frost is legit. I'm not expecting everyone to be able to realize that, but I have been watching him since he took over as the OC at Oregon and have watched every game either live on TV/Internet or YouTube (rewinds of games) and he is a brilliant play caller. It doesn't matter who he has that is new at the QB spot, it doesn't take 3 seasons to see results, it is almost immediate. 

He doesn't run a complex scheme. 

His best skill is motivation.  He has his team so motivated and laser focused you'd think they've been playing together since peewee league.  And he's only been there a year and a half.  

I must admit I was one of those.  I knew he was, had watched him trounce the Trojans.  Friend/Boss USC alum and letterman said it was the one game every year he was afraid of.  He felt that Coach Riley only needed the right backing.  He was wrong,  and I was to.  Credit where it is deserved.  Sorry.

But as much as I hate to say this, I don't think Coach Frost is coming here, and I really would like to find someone that is better prepared to take on what this program puts them thru.  Will he be able to handle the fans of this program, he has heard the boos come from the stands at memorial.  He knows how bad this group wants to win, to return to elite.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Isle of View said:

His best skill is motivation.  He has his team so motivated and laser focused you'd think they've been playing together since peewee league.  And he's only been there a year and a half.  

Have you seen their practice videos? They're intense and they practice hard. Very physical, too. Everything that's been missing here.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, skersfan said:

I must admit I was one of those.  I knew he was, had watched him trounce the Trojans.  Friend/Boss USC alum and letterman said it was the one game every year he was afraid of.  He felt that Coach Riley only needed the right backing.  He was wrong,  and I was to.  Credit where it is deserved.  Sorry.

But as much as I hate to say this, I don't think Coach Frost is coming here, and I really would like to find someone that is better prepared to take on what this program puts them thru.  Will he be able to handle the fans of this program, he has heard the boos come from the stands at memorial.  He knows how bad this group wants to win, to return to elite.

The problem with this is that Scott is this year's Tom Herman. One of the hottest non-Power 5 coaches out there. Nebraska has to go all Jim Harbaugh on him or we are never going to see him on our sidelines wearing our colors.

• Plus1 2
Just now, FTW said:

Have you seen their practice videos? They're intense and they practice hard. Very physical, too. Everything that's been missing here.

And he's very hands on with the both O and D.  I saw one of his mic'd up videos where he was demonstrating how to come up hard and blow up the lead blockers on a screen.  I loved it!  It's one of my pet peeves every Saturday watching d-backs come up and play patty cake with lead blockers hoping to get around them and make a tackle, only to end up on their butts.  

7 hours ago, FTW said:

Sure, they expect to be here another year, wouldn't you if you were employed by DONU? It really isn't rocket science. They fired ADSE because of on field performance. That right there says coaching change. Bring new AD, you're one step away. Only 5 games stand between Moos and Riley.

But that’s not the way Diaco is talking ,he’s saying they still have a chance.

I bet this is one of those strange ADs who talks to his coaches and tells them what the plan is ahead of time...you know, instead of slipping a note under the door.

Just now, Hayseed said:

They fired ADSE because of on field performance. That right there says coaching change.

This really is the bottom line. Barring some miracle finish in the last five games, Riley is done.

Even with a miracle finish, I give it 50/50 odds they don't force him to "retire." 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

But that’s not the way Diaco is talking ,he’s saying they still have a chance.

I bet this is one of those strange ADs who talks to his coaches and tells them what the plan is ahead of time...you know, instead of slipping a note under the door.

Yeah, he's no Steve Pederson. Moos strikes me as a down to earth guy who communicates with his employees. I don't see him handling the Mike Riley situation any differently but I still see a pink slip on the horizon.

Just now, knapplc said:

This really is the bottom line. Barring some miracle finish in the last five games, Riley is done.

Even with a miracle finish, I give it 50/50 odds they don't force him to "retire." 

I didn’t say that,FTW did, but I see what you mean.

Maybe Diaco is in the hunt for the job? Maybe they told him that when they brought him in?

Just reading the signs.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

Scott Frost explaining why he went to UCF and how things have been easier for him there, etc. Yet another reason he will choose a place like Tennessee over Nebraska

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/aac/2016/05/10/ucf-football-coach-scott-frost-central-florida-knights/84171392/

Outside of Freeman, not all that impressive. On average, High 80's to low 90's over several years there. 

He had 10 recruits over .9 himself. 

Riley's entire staff has had 10 themselves in their tenure here.