** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, brophog said:

It's gone from a collection of articles and videos on a possible Nebraska coach to petty arguing over anything and everything just for the sake of arguing. I don't know what is so good about that.

Learn to have a little fun and you’ll understand.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, MacNCheeze said:

I guess, just throwing this out there.  When we were all goo goo about jim tressell didnt it only take a few days for him to dismiss it.  So here we are, a few weeks into this and i havent heard anything from frost himself.  Unless i missed something.

Some of their local media has asked him the last couple of weeks and he just gives the usual coach speak. 

4 minutes ago, MacNCheeze said:

I guess, just throwing this out there.  When we were all goo goo about jim tressell didnt it only take a few days for him to dismiss it.  So here we are, a few weeks into this and i havent heard anything from frost himself.  Unless i missed something.

He definitely hasn't just came out and squashed any Nebraska rumors like Mike Leach already has.

2 hours ago, lo country said:

I'm Frost.  I have my team ranked at #18 with some speculating I can have a New Years Bowl and possibly play spoiler in the play offs.  I need my kids focused and committed.  I don't need them worrying about what if scenarios or losing focus thinking I might be leaving (along with my entire staff).  I need them focused so if I do leave, they go out on top....

What do people expect Frost to say.  It's all rumors until it isn't.  The last thing I would be doing is talking about a job that isn't even open and look like an a$$ to my kids and future recruits...  I respect Frost for not even engaging in the rumors.  Riley is still here.  Rumors swirling does he stay or go.....Who knows.  I hope Riley wins out as it benefits the Huskers.  (DOESNT MEAN I WANT HIM AS COACH).  I'd love Frost, but until Riley is fired and both seasons are over, unsure how much will really come out...

I always suspected you were Scott Frost.

• Plus1 3
6 hours ago, knapplc said:

Sorry about that. The quote feature on this version of the board is a little wonky. You can't quote out of a quoted post. I just took what you quoted instead of going to his post, and it put your name on it. Bleh.

I had that happen to me on the old Dennis Miller board and the guy just freaked out, like I did it on purpose to make him look bad or something.

3 hours ago, lo country said:

I'm Frost.  I have my team ranked at #18 with some speculating I can have a New Years Bowl and possibly play spoiler in the play offs.  I need my kids focused and committed.  I don't need them worrying about what if scenarios or losing focus thinking I might be leaving (along with my entire staff).  I need them focused so if I do leave, they go out on top....

What do people expect Frost to say.  It's all rumors until it isn't.  The last thing I would be doing is talking about a job that isn't even open and look like an a$$ to my kids and future recruits...  I respect Frost for not even engaging in the rumors.  Riley is still here.  Rumors swirling does he stay or go.....Who knows.  I hope Riley wins out as it benefits the Huskers.  (DOESNT MEAN I WANT HIM AS COACH).  I'd love Frost, but until Riley is fired and both seasons are over, unsure how much will really come out...

I heard someone interviewing Scott recently and the interviewer asked Scott if it was embarrassing/flattering the amount of kattention he was getting as an 'up and coming coach'.  Scott said he really didn't pay attention to that stuff when he's at work.  He has seen it on Twitter but has stopped looking because right now his main concern is to get his team ready each week for whoever they are playing.  That's smart. At this moment in time he is the head coach for UCF.  At this moment Mike Riley is our head coach.  We have 5 games left to play. I know what I would like to see at the end of this season but right now we have to support our boys. GBR!

• Plus1 4
4 hours ago, MacNCheeze said:

UCF fans will be so pissed if we poach there coach.

Look at their 247 football board, they have the 18th ranked team in the country and their board has been dormant for 10 hours..... 

lol just checked the thread again and their last post was by a Husker fan

Edited by bisonwiches
Lol
  • Plus1 1

44 minutes ago, bisonwiches said:

Look at their 247 football board, they have the 18th ranked team in the country and their board has been dormant for 10 hours..... 

lol just checked the thread again and their last post was by a Husker fan

Different fanbases have different primary messageboards. There's tons of activity on their rivals board, including a lot of douchey, a-hole nebraska fans.

On the radio this morning he was asked about being a candidate for other jobs and he just gave coach speak - laser focused on his job at UCF. The guy on the radio tried really hard to get Coach Frost to speak about what he is telling recruits about his job status and Coach Frost refused to answer that question. 

He is gone if that Nebraska job offer comes. 

Edited by jessica0
  • Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

On the radio this morning he was asked about being a candidate for other jobs and he just gave coach speak - laser focused on his job at UCF. The guy on the radio tried really hard to get Coach Frost to speak about what he is telling recruits about his job status and Coach Frost refused to answer that question. 

He is gone if that Nebraska job offer comes. 

Word is his staff is telling parents of recruits (targeted by UCF, not yet signed) that they're moving to Nebraska in the coming months. The way this thing is going down, I find it hard to believe Moos hasn't sent feelers out to SF. I'm betting he has. Too many people close to the program know a lot.

10 minutes ago, FTW said:

Word is his staff is telling parents of recruits (targeted by UCF, not yet signed) that they're moving to Nebraska in the coming months. The way this thing is going down, I find it hard to believe Moos hasn't sent feelers out to SF. I'm betting he has. Too many people close to the program know a lot.

If that's true, and pardon me if I'm skeptical of an internet rumor, then he'd better be past feeler stage. 

• Plus1 1