** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

15 hours ago, FTW said:

It is impressive but we take too much stock into these stars now. I'd prefer recruiting the right people for a specific culture you're trying to achieve rather than impress the recruiting experts. That's why teams like Wisconsin and Iowa beat us even though we recruit better overall.

That's an issue of development, not recruiting. 

58 minutes ago, FTW said:

Word is his staff is telling parents of recruits (targeted by UCF, not yet signed) that they're moving to Nebraska in the coming months. The way this thing is going down, I find it hard to believe Moos hasn't sent feelers out to SF. I'm betting he has. Too many people close to the program know a lot.

That doesn't sit well with me if true. I'm sure parents and people have been asking them about it, but, to say that when nothing has been set in stone or made public? Seems risky.

I don't know. It's a slippery slope I guess. If I'm a parent of a recruit these days I think I would need to understand that the chances of the coach recruiting your child still being their in four years is much lower than it ever has been.

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

That's an issue of development, not recruiting. 

It's also a somewhat interesting cultural shift. During the Callahan era, the narrative moved towards bringing in the 'right' kids who worked hard, could be developed, etc., over the star power that was failing. Then, Bo comes along and the narrative shifts to 'we need better recruiting.' Now, it seems some are taking up the Callahan era battle standard once more.

Nebraska's development is poor right now but they still need to be recruiting at a high level. I'm sick of the mentality that we can only have one or the other - development or star ratings.

1 hour ago, FTW said:

Word is his staff is telling parents of recruits (targeted by UCF, not yet signed) that they're moving to Nebraska in the coming months. The way this thing is going down, I find it hard to believe Moos hasn't sent feelers out to SF. I'm betting he has. Too many people close to the program know a lot.

Highly doubt that is the wording they are using.