** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

5 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

All I know is Aaron Taylor and Jay Foreman said Frost would take the job if offered. 

And Ahman Green said he wouldn't.

50 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

It's not that impressive when you consider the fact he was at Oregon for 6-7 years and he had 10 4*'s at a program that was dominating the Pac 12  and a top 10 program at the time.

It's still plenty impressive, or at best inconclusive. It wasn't his team, or his recruiting philosophy, and Oregon was never a school with great recruiting classes. At worst, he was par for the course with a staff that rattled off 4 straight years of conference championships/Rose Bowls/national championship appearances.

I'm Frost.  I have my team ranked at #18 with some speculating I can have a New Years Bowl and possibly play spoiler in the play offs.  I need my kids focused and committed.  I don't need them worrying about what if scenarios or losing focus thinking I might be leaving (along with my entire staff).  I need them focused so if I do leave, they go out on top....

What do people expect Frost to say.  It's all rumors until it isn't.  The last thing I would be doing is talking about a job that isn't even open and look like an a$$ to my kids and future recruits...  I respect Frost for not even engaging in the rumors.  Riley is still here.  Rumors swirling does he stay or go.....Who knows.  I hope Riley wins out as it benefits the Huskers.  (DOESNT MEAN I WANT HIM AS COACH).  I'd love Frost, but until Riley is fired and both seasons are over, unsure how much will really come out...

• Plus1 2
54 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

It's not that impressive when you consider the fact he was at Oregon for 6-7 years and he had 10 4*'s at a program that was dominating the Pac 12  and a top 10 program at the time. So on average he grabs 1 maybe 2 4*'s each year. I say it's not impressive because it's not like he is out there bringing 4 star talent into UCF now and when he was bringing in high level recruits it was very limited when he was at a school winning 10-11 games each year...

I'm not hating on him here at all. I think he has an eye for talent even when a kid doesn't have the stars to match. My concern, and original point, is 1) that he would probably choose Tennessee over Neb because it is easier to recruit the talent and type of players Frost needs in his system and 2) to those people saying he is our savior and going to bring us a B1G/ National title.. even if he does come to Nebraska there's not a lot of promise or history to show that he can stock us up on talent to compete with Ohio St, Michigan and Penn St let alone Bama, Clemson or other top 10 schools.

I love Frost and think he is one hell of a coach. I would love to see him at Nebraska. I think he would make our team tough, mean and disciplined like we were in the 90's. I'm just expressing my concern with calling him our saving grace. 

Frost had 2 years of experience of being a paid coach prior to Oregon. That was at FCS Northern Iowa. I'm sure he didn't have a lot of inroads to the west coast at the time he moved to Oregon. Building relationships with HS coaches is a big part of recruiting. Oregon never really was a powerhouse when it came to recruiting. Non-P5 schools don't typically get 4* recruits. The only example I can think of is Houston when Herman was there.

IMO there's no way Frost goes to Tennessee. If recruiting is that big of a deal to him and Nebraska is out, I'd imagine he waits for a Florida/UCLA/USC type job to open up.

9 minutes ago, lo country said:

I'm Frost.  I have my team ranked at #18 with some speculating I can have a New Years Bowl and possibly play spoiler in the play offs.  I need my kids focused and committed.  I don't need them worrying about what if scenarios or losing focus thinking I might be leaving (along with my entire staff).  I need them focused so if I do leave, they go out on top....

What do people expect Frost to say.  It's all rumors until it isn't.  The last thing I would be doing is talking about a job that isn't even open and look like an a$$ to my kids and future recruits...  I respect Frost for not even engaging in the rumors.  Riley is still here.  Rumors swirling does he stay or go.....Who knows.  I hope Riley wins out as it benefits the Huskers.  (DOESNT MEAN I WANT HIM AS COACH).  I'd love Frost, but until Riley is fired and both seasons are over, unsure how much will really come out...

I would think fains/people expect him to say nothing, or at most, that he's focused on his current job and is happy with it.

Hence, take this thread for what it is...A discussion forum on a topic many of us are interested in, not journalism.

1 hour ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

I'm not saying you're wrong about having to battle other schools else where... Nowhere did I say that you were wrong there, I'm saying you're wrong that Frost has a great track record of recruiting top talent (10 4*'s in 6-7 years, when Oregon was the cream of the crop in CFB)..

If he did choose Nebraska over Tenn.. yes, he would have those battles with Cali, TX and FL schools going after top talent just as we do now. But if you read that article I posted earlier, Frost said he chose UCF over other programs because he wouldn't have to travel as much and battle out of state schools when there's a ton of talent is in their backyard (FL). Location to the type of players he wants to recruit is important to him. That's why it'll be hard to drag him from the southeast all the way back to Nebraska

Yeah, landing 4-stars is such an easy thing to do. That is why Nebraska classes are always littered with them. 

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Not only have I not asked, I wouldn't expect a straight answer if I did.  I haven't seen Scott in ages, but I see his parents all the time.  The last thing they want is to be pestered with questions about his future, or made to think that the people they know only want to know them because of their association with him. 

EDIT - and I know you know I wouldn't do that, and were just joking. But I wanted to be clear on that.  I don't name drop and I don't post "insider" information. I think people who do that are trying to get internet bonus points and not thinking about the person they're talking about.  It's crass.

"I don't name drop. But I totally know the Frosts"

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, RedNebraskan said:

Well, Ahman Green said on the Carriker Chronicles that SF is not leaving UCF anytime soon (not sure if this has been brought up yet).  Thoughts?

Not everyone is going to agree he is coming in a few weeks. Steve Spurrier said on radio today that Coach Frost is going to Nebraska. 

13 minutes ago, JimmyBuckets said:

It’s pretty sad that this thread is far more interesting to me than the Purdue game threads. 

Lol I haven't even been into it at all yet.  This is the most entertaining thread on the website.  Better than anything I've seen from the Husker football team too.

Yep, we should know in about a month. If things are going to fly the way some of us hope, there will be some hot rumors before a month from now. All we can do is wait. If it does go the way some of us want, then we just wait and see how things unfold over the coming years. I'm pretty confident in the guy that I have had #1 on my list . The guy #2 on my list is a few more million dollars more expensive (ISU). 

45 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

This thread is going to be so good over the next few months.

It's gone from a collection of articles and videos on a possible Nebraska coach to petty arguing over anything and everything just for the sake of arguing. I don't know what is so good about that.

• Plus1 1