** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

It's kind of funny that the first 27 years were (mostly) spent living in Nebraska, and I had never been to a game before.  Now that I live in PA, I have been to several - mostly away games, when the 'skers are playing somewhere within driving distance.  My only home game was actually for the 300th sellout.  'Twas so awesome.  We're moving back to the area within the year, so i can't wait to start going more often.

EDIT:  I lie so hard. I completely forgot about a home game against CU, back in ... the late 90's.  

Edited by Dilly Dilly
  • Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Alfa4C said:

I’m not too proud. I’m sure I’ll break down and cry. Wife and I talk about it all the time.

Try explaining that to all those bitter UCF fans that just don’t understand what it means to be a Nebraska Fan!

Man people have no idea how truly special it is, taking my friends from Mizzou there really changed their outlook on us.

59 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I think you'll find that no more Nebraska fans dislike Herbstreit than any other fans of any other team - probably about the same number as think Dan Wolken hates their team, or Pat Forde, or Andy Staples. 

Or Joe Buck or pretty much any national guy. 

Either way, I think Kirk does a good job overall, is knowledgeable about the game and pretty even handed. Funny I used to consider kind of a Nebraska supporter years ago as well. I think the ESPN classic thing is way overblown. 

But yeah screw him with the FSU BS lol

As much as I know everyone has the feels for Herbstreit, did anyone hear (and I’m not  100% sure on the show or person) but I’m pretty sure it was Danny Kanell on Playbook yesterday. He gave absolutely no credit to Nebraska. I understand we’ve been down lately but come on. 

Pretty much the jist of his comments where: there is no reason or way SF would take the NU job. We should go after Brett Bielema or Ken Nuimatalolo because that’s what we “Deserve”and that’s what kinda of job NU is. There was some other bashing stuff too. He was also insistent that Scott’s going to take the FSU job. I know he’s from there but there has been no reports to back that.

1 minute ago, CornhuskerCornPicker said:

As much as I know everyone has the feels for Herbstreit, did anyone hear (and I’m not  100% sure on the show or person) but I’m pretty sure it was Danny Kanell on Playbook yesterday. He gave absolutely no credit to Nebraska. I understand we’ve been down lately but come on. 

Pretty much the jist of his comments where: there is no reason or way SF would take the NU job. We should go after Brett Bielema or Ken Nuimatalolo because that’s what we “Deserve”and that’s what kinda of job NU is. There was some other bashing stuff too. He was also insistent that Scott’s going to take the FSU job. I know he’s from there but there has been no reports to back that.

Danny Kanell is a pretty big idiot, with an arsenal of terrible takes, so this doesn't surprise me.

1 minute ago, olddominionhusker said:

My sons are 13 and 9. Neither have ever seen the Huskers play live. I haven’t seen them play live since they were at Virginia Tech during Bo’s time. 

I promised both both of them this week that if Coach Frost is hired we are all going to Lincoln for a game next fall!!

Yeah, i thought i saw you there!  Just kidding, but I was there, too.  I might have enjoyed the game if not for some drunk a-hole sitting behind us, bashing the huskers on every play.  (It was the rudest, most miserable fan I've ever met.... and it was a HUSKER FAN ffs).  I hope that wasn't you.

Just now, Dilly Dilly said:

Yeah, i thought i saw you there!  Just kidding, but I was there, too.  I might have enjoyed the game if not for some drunk a-hole sitting behind us, bashing the huskers on every play.  (It was the rudest, most miserable fan I've ever met.... and it was a HUSKER FAN ffs).  I hope that wasn't you.

Nah wasn’t me. I’m very chill. Plus anytime I’m in a visiting stadium I dress totally neutral to keep myself out of trouble. Surprised it wasn’t a VT fan. They are horrible in general. UVA is a much better lot. Then again I’m a UVA alum so I may be biased ;)

9 minutes ago, CornhuskerCornPicker said:

Listened to playbook driving home today. They interviewed Jimbo and afterward discussed FSU. Kanell made a joke about FSU admin having their “ducks in a row” on   Jimbos replacement regarding Taggart. Frost wasn’t mentioned

2 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

Nah wasn’t me. I’m very chill. Plus anytime I’m in a visiting stadium I dress totally neutral to keep myself out of trouble. Surprised it wasn’t a VT fan. They are horrible in general. UVA is a much better lot. Then again I’m a UVA alum so I may be biased ;)

Ha - I had a red/white striped shirt on, and then because I forgot sunglasses, stopped at their campus store and wearing a VT visor.  People were really confused.  The VT fans we encountered there were EXCELLENT.  Had several come up to us after the game saying they felt bad we didnt win ... the only garbage fan we saw there the whole time was that POS Husker fan sitting behind us.

1 minute ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Ha - I had a red/white striped shirt on, and then because I forgot sunglasses, stopped at their campus store and wearing a VT visor.  People were really confused.  The VT fans we encountered there were EXCELLENT.  Had several come up to us after the game saying they felt bad we didnt win ... the only garbage fan we saw there the whole time was that POS Husker fan sitting behind us.

Yeah I’m just joking on the Tech fans. They are OK. And I respect how well they travel. They are real fans for sure