** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, Hilltop said:

I don't know...seems like the job comes open every 3-7 years fairly predictably.  Sad to say it...  

With a new baby. Dont you think he is looking to set some solid roots down? I doubt he wants to stick it out at UCF for a few years and hopes his dream job opens up again so he can up root his kids from school.

1 minute ago, RedNebraskan said:

I'm tired of the narrative flip flopping about Frost coming or not.  It was fun for a while, but I'm sick of it.  Can it be December please so we can just know!

I have followed him very close since he arrived at Oregon. He has never been a guy that will speak about other jobs when he is at his current job. Anyone can find this on YouTube, but you can't find an interview of a person asking him about the future Nebraska series and I will let others listen to it for themselves:

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I don't know...seems like the job comes open every 3-7 years fairly predictably.  Sad to say it...  

Not if the next hire works out. It is a risk you don't take in life. When something opens up or comes around that you have the chance to take it, you take it and don't fate life for hoping it comes around again in the future. It rarely ever works out. That is where regret comes in later in life. I have made that mistake once too and will never make that mistake again.

• Plus1 1

19 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

DB drives me crazy. He says stuff like this on his show and words it such that you almost think he's talked to Frost or someone in the know, but he just can't come out and say it. Truth is, he just speculates like the rest of us but due to his connection to the program he gets off on being the "insider" guy.

• Plus1 7
4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Agreed.

People who know Frost and are close to him have said they know he wants to coach at Nebraska. If that's true, this is his shot and likely his only legitimate shot for the foreseeable future.

Having just had a kid myself, you obtain a strong desire to have your family taken care of while your alive and when your gone. Now I don’t believe Scott will make a move FOR money, but he has to realize (if his team finishes undefeated) he cannot be in a better position to max out his earning. He’s got to strike while the irons hot. The stars hardly align for anyone to max out your earning AND be offered your dream job (if that is still the case). 

If he has the desire to come to Nebraska, it has to be now, if he wants to benefit his family to the fullest potential. 

• Plus1 4
5 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

As do other jobs.  The coaching carousel is easy to get on or off at any time. If Frost wants the Nebraska job though, 3-7 is a long time and Damon's reasoning doesn't work. It would seem unlikely that he would stay any longer at UCF.

12 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Agreed.

People who know Frost and are close to him have said they know he wants to coach at Nebraska. If that's true, this is his shot and likely his only legitimate shot for the foreseeable future.

So based on this, it doesn't matter what the chatter is at UCF, Florida, Tenn, or any dang place.  It doesn't matter what the circumstances are. If Nebraska comes calling, Frost goes to Nebraska?

3 minutes ago, Sparker said:

DB drives me crazy. He says stuff like this on his show and words it such that you almost think he's talked to Frost or someone in the know, but he just can't come out and say it. Truth is, he just speculates like the rest of us but due to his connection to the program he gets off on being the "insider" guy.

I think he also plays devils advocate nearly to the same degree where he criticizes fanboys for behaving.