** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, Kernel Red said:

It is posts like this one that make me realize just how much damage has been done to the Husker football program (and its fans) by our past administration. 

I get it, having faith after multiple failures is hard. But the people we have running the show now are a different breed.

Moos will land our guy. 

It is true. I want to have faith and optimism but my brain still says bad things are coming!:bang

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Kernel Red said:

It is posts like this one that make me realize just how much damage has been done to the Husker football program (and its fans) by our past administration. 

I get it, having faith after multiple failures is hard. But the people we have running the show now are a different breed.

Moos will land our guy. 

Maybe they are just smooth talkers, but I really, really have been impressed with everything I've heard from Green, Bounds and Moos.  Seems they truly "get it" and are astute at going about their tasks.

24 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'd have more doubts if Moos wasn't our AD. I really trust the guy to hire a quality coach. The right coach.

The most sensible thing said this evening, during which wild speculation has only been exceeded by some Monopoly-like numbers.

Edited by Knothole Seats @ 50 Cents
3 minutes ago, Kernel Red said:

Moos will land our guy. 

Well, I suppose the good news is that missing on Frost might destroy the confidence of the fan base, but unlikely to do the same with Bill.

36 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

Exactly.  If he stays at UCF, it says very little about Nebraska, and a lot about Scott Frost.  If he goes to Tennessee, then that might be a bad look for us.  If he goes to Florida...as much as it would just kill me, most could see reasoning behind it.  Heck, the national media has him penciled in there already.  So yeah....it depends on why we don't get him....AND, it will depend a lot on who we do get I think.  If we don't get Scott, but make a sledge hammer hire, then all is well.  IMO

But who, exactly, would be a sledge hammer hire? I can't think of anyone, unless they can lure Osborne out of retirement.

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

What do you define as not too long ago? Florida's recruiting rankings since 2002:

Nebraska only has 7 top-10 recruiting classes in the history of recruiting rankings, combining ALL rankings. Florida has 11 in the last 15 years.

Good thing recruiting rankings don't win national titles or Florida would have as many as Nebraska 

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

I’m not saying Scott will pass on us. But people were discussing how Frost passing on us would say more about him than the state of the program.

Athlon had an article over the summer where anonymous coaches said something about each program. Someone said that the Nebraska job isn’t a good job anymore. I’m saying I didn’t think twice about it in the summer, but if Frost passes on us, I’m worried that comment might be more true than I’d like to admit. We will see, I still feel he’s ours.

I see. Thank you for taking the time to clarify what you were thinking. I appreciate it. :)

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

Maybe they are just smooth talkers, but I really, really have been impressed with everything I've heard from Green, Bounds and Moos.  Seems they truly "get it" and are astute at going about their tasks.

I think that the fact that Bounds and Green didn’t act alone but had a whole panel of students and coaches involved makes me satisfied with the Moos hire and I’ve been so impressed with the way he has been so forthcoming. I think we are a little ‘snake bit’ by the past decisions but I believe that is all going to change. 

• Plus1 1