** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, Landlord said:

Dear god. You finally posted something different than your last 50 posts in this thread about, "Scott Frost isn't coming here because he's just like Tom Osborne and that means he has integrity and he wouldn't do that to those poor kids because he's an honest abe guy just like Tom Osborne who is his hero because he has integrity", and it's still insufferable. 

I applaud you for being able to differentiate between the generic "Huskerfan (insert#)" usernames on the board. There are plenty.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Vols1891 said:

A lot of our fans actually have Frost as the coach we would want the most (if you exclude the Gruden maniacs). We just all assume that it would be a waste of time going after him because he’s either going to Nebraska or staying put. Plus it’s not like we can outbid you...I’d say we are pretty even financially.

You from 247? The guys at volnation say its 99%/an agreement is in place with UT and Frost.

Source says his buddy is in AD with Currie.

1 minute ago, Vols1891 said:

A lot of our fans actually have Frost as the coach we would want the most (if you exclude the Gruden maniacs). We just all assume that it would be a waste of time because he’s either going to Nebraska or staying put.

Here's a question for everyone. If you were Scott Frost and you had multimillion dollar, long term offers from on the table from Florida, Tennessee, and Nebraska, would you push them all away to stay at UCF?

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

I applaud you for being able to differentiate between the generic "Huskerfan (insert#)" usernames on the board. There are plenty.

Oh I usually can't. But when the same one posts dozens of times and each post consists of, "Scott Frost is like Tom Osborne. Loyal, integrity, not about the money, his word is his bond, he wouldn't do that to the kids. I don't think he's coming here. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Tom Osborne chose loyalty when he was a coach", and then criticizes everyone else for "typing the same crap over and over again", it sticks out.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Kernel Red said:

Here's a question for everyone. If you were Scott Frost and you had multimillion dollar, long term offers from on the table from Florida, Tennessee, and Nebraska, would you push them all away to stay at UCF?

Heh, no.  That's basically deciding that working as a Roadie is just as awesome as being a Rock Star.  You get to enjoy the same things with none of the prestige.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Welcome to the board, yes there is still a bit of uncertainty here in Husker land on whether Frost is coming or not. We haven't really heard any other names being seriously considered. We appreciate the kind words, how's your coaching search going? 

It’s mostly just a bunch of unsubstantiated rumors and trolls posting made up “inside knowledge”. Then combine that with a couple hundred thousand posts about Gruden, combined with airplane tracking, recent real estate transactions, etc. Got worn out so I have been browsing Florida and Nebraska boards tonight.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, Vols1891 said:

It’s mostly just a bunch of unsubstantiated rumors and trolls posting made up “inside knowledge”. Then combine that with a couple hundred thousand posts about Gruden, combined with airplane tracking, recent real estate transactions, etc. Got worn out so I have been browsing Florida and Nebraska boards tonight.

Well you’re welcome here sir/ma’am, we had quite the string of crazy rumors, then as I said up ^ there somewheres, most our nerves were subdued when Hedley posted what he did.

5 minutes ago, runningblind said:

You from 247? The guys at volnation say its 99%/an agreement is in place with UT and Frost.

Source says his buddy is in AD with Currie.

I post on volnation under the same screen name as here. I would take anything on there with a grain of salt. According to the rumors over the past few days, we’ve had about 30 different coaches locked up at one time or the other.

4 minutes ago, Vols1891 said:

Sounds pretty similar to here except there are a few posters who do have some good information here that seem to be consistent with one another from different "sources" Only time will tell if those are true or not. 

The collective psyche of this board is quite interesting to attempt to read given all the speculation, wild guesses and acknowledgement by some members that the process is causing them stress.  In a way I must say it is understandable given the current state of the program and lack of improvement over several seasons.  

If I might equate the Scott Frost Sweepstakes to a football game it feels like we have a small lead but there is still 11:30 to play in the 4th quarter.

• Plus1 4

5 minutes ago, Vols1891 said:

I post on volnation under the same screen name as here. I would take anything on there with a grain of salt. According to the rumors over the past few days, we’ve had about 30 different coaches locked up at one time or the other.

Welcome to the board.  Thanks for the info from the outside.

25 minutes ago, Vols1891 said:

Everyone on our board is assuming Frost is a lock for Nebraska. It is definitely interesting coming here and seeing that there is still quite a bit of doubt. Maybe I’m living in the 90s somewhat, but I still definitely consider you guys a top 10 job.

Welcome! Thanks for sharing the Vols point of view. 

17 minutes ago, Kernel Red said:

Personally I would be really nervous to go back to my alma mater because it’s definitely a big risk. You are already a hero there, so my attitude is why potentially mess that up. But to be totally honest, I’m just not a risk taker in general and usually like to take the easy route. People like Scott Frost who are really competitive often welcome those kinds of opportunities and look at it as more of a challenge than a risk.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Crazyhole said:

Has anybody called scott yet and told him about the 200 page megathread about him?   Gotta think that would deal the deal 

We are on “Official Jon Gruden thread XLI” on volnation. Each thread before it holds 6,500 posts, so that is 40 x 6,500 = 260,000 posts...plus however many posts are in the current thread.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/284202-official-jon-gruden-thread-xli.html