** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

If Coach Frost goes to Florida or UCLA that hurts Nebraska pretty badly.  If he stays at UCF, it says he is a man of his word.  He has said he wants to finish things, and they may not be at this point.  He has also stated you should never take the next until you're ready.  I know the fan base would be destroyed if he didn't come home.  But for me it depends on where he ends up.  TN, Florida, UCLA would mean he felt he could not win at Nebraska, or the others would be an easier path.  We need him to come home or stay at UCF.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Midwest said:

Anybody who has been around HB pre-Riley care to offer their opinion on any similarlities of the "smoke" we're seeing for SF as compared to the Tressel stuff?  Similar?...or not even a comparison?  I'm hoping for the latter.

Not everyone was for Tressel. I sure wasn’t. He had too much baggage. With Scott most everyone is on board. Anyone else with thoughts?

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, Midwest said:

Anybody who has been around HB pre-Riley care to offer their opinion on any similarlities of the "smoke" we're seeing for SF as compared to the Tressel stuff?  Similar?...or not even a comparison?  I'm hoping for the latter.

No one was saying Tressel besides a rouge sock.  There was more than just one name being thrown around during the 2014 search.

This time it’s more centralized around a specific person.

Edited by Football Guy Bob
  • Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Midwest said:

Did Tressel ever refer to Nebraska as his dream job? Did Tressel's parents ever live in Lincoln? Did Tressel win a National Championship as a player for Nebraska?

So, yeah, maybe not much comparison.

• Plus1 5

5 minutes ago, Midwest said:

If I remember correctly, it was tressel as head coach and frost as his oc/head coach in waiting. I knew in the back of my mind it was bs, but I wanted to believe so bad that I convinced myself it was possible. Then the announcement came, my stomach dropped and I kicked my dog. I don’t even remember any other names being mentioned, I blacked out after that.

(ps, I didn’t really kick my dog, that was for effect) 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, huskerfan74 said:

I have a bad feeling that we are going to be Mooooooooosed...I am not very confident that we will be landing Scott Frost. The Moos might be bringing The Leach to Nebraska. I would take Chip Kelly 10 times before I would take Mike Leach...this is really stressful. 

Why do you feel this way? 

9 minutes ago, Kernel Red said:

Did Tressel ever refer to Nebraska as his dream job? Did Tressel's parents ever live in Lincoln? Did Tressel win a National Championship as a player for Nebraska?

So, yeah, maybe not much comparison.

But... Ron Kellogg saw him in Lincoln...

• Plus1 3

Listening to things Frost says about UCF makes me think that he is staying.  I’m not saying that he’ll never leave, but it just seems like he’s not ready to leave— like he wants to see how far he can take them.

i get it.. they’re undefeated and can’t crack the top 10.  It’s tough, if not impossible to win a national championship at UCF unless they are to move into a Power 5 conference. 

But if the money at UCF is now in the $4-4.5 million range, and he likes the proximity of the school with recruiting talent, and enjoys not having every move scrutinized, then he stays. 

Yes, he could dispel all the speculation by just saying whether he’s staying or not.  I think he hasn’t because  he’ll give the decision to leave a good, fair and thorough assessment when the time is right. 

And maybe Moos didn’t fire Riley earlier because he wanted to make sure his new hire was in the works first.  And if he doesn’t get who he wants , he announces that Riley will be retained.  ??  I hope I’m wrong!