** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Hello fellow board members...new member here...  I have been what you call a lurker for quite some time now.. before the whole MR hire. Ive always been a fan of (most of the time) the information that everyone has to offer on this board. With the end of this season coming to a close I felt the need to finally become a member and add to this madness. No I don't have any "source" or "insider". Simply just a fan with the Huskers engraved into my soul. 

With this being said... someone asked about the comparisons between Frost and Tressel.. I feel its completely different. There are TOO many key factors that favor Frost to NU (IMO) where as Tressel just seemed like a name in the dark, long shot hire with no real substance. A few flight trackers here and there but nothing like what this Frost ordeal has become. 

If all said and done and Frost is N... this will be the most excited I have been for a new era in Husker football. The last few have been exhausting... GBR 

Edited by rustyred
  • Plus1 5

24 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Not everyone was for Tressel. I sure wasn’t. He had too much baggage. With Scott most everyone is on board. Anyone else with thoughts?

I remember it the same... it was weirder rumors. I think the problem was is once we fired Bo I believe Tressel started getting him which led to a lot of false smoke.

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, rustyred said:

Hello fellow board members...new member here...  I have been what you call a lurker for quite some time now.. before the whole MR hire. Ive always been a fan of (most of the time) the information that everyone has to offer on this board. With the end of this season coming to a close I felt the need to finally become a member and add to this madness. No I don't have any "source" or "insider". Simply just a fan with the Huskers engraved into my soul. 

With this being said... someone asked about the comparisons between Frost and Tressel.. I feel its completely different. There are TOO many key factors that favor Frost to NU (IMO) where as Tressel just seemed like a name in the dark, long shot hire with no real substance. A few flight trackers here and there but nothing like what this Frost ordeal has become. 

If all said and done and Frost is N... this will be the most excited I have been for a new era in Husker football. The last few have been exhausting... GBR 

Welcome to the board! 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

Listening to things Frost says about UCF makes me think that he is staying.  I’m not saying that he’ll never leave, but it just seems like he’s not ready to leave— like he wants to see how far he can take them.

i get it.. they’re undefeated and can’t crack the top 10.  It’s tough, if not impossible to win a national championship at UCF unless they are to move into a Power 5 conference. 

But if the money at UCF is now in the $4-4.5 million range, and he likes the proximity of the school with recruiting talent, and enjoys not having every move scrutinized, then he stays. 

Yes, he could dispel all the speculation by just saying whether he’s staying or not.  I think he hasn’t because  he’ll give the decision to leave a good, fair and thorough assessment when the time is right. 

And maybe Moos didn’t fire Riley earlier because he wanted to make sure his new hire was in the works first.  And if he doesn’t get who he wants , he announces that Riley will be retained.  ??  I hope I’m wrong!

If Frost were to turn us down, I personally think it wouldn’t come up again if we were to have a coaching search in the future. That sounds weird, but what I’m saying is I don’t think we as a program would reach out again after being spurned.

57 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Good thing recruiting rankings don't win national titles or Florida would have as many as Nebraska 

I mean nobody has ever said that, but, unfortunately, national titles are pretty much impossible to win without elite recruiting. 

33 minutes ago, skersfan said:

If Coach Frost goes to Florida or UCLA that hurts Nebraska pretty badly.  If he stays at UCF, it says he is a man of his word.  He has said he wants to finish things, and they may not be at this point.  He has also stated you should never take the next until you're ready.  I know the fan base would be destroyed if he didn't come home.  But for me it depends on where he ends up.  TN, Florida, UCLA would mean he felt he could not win at Nebraska, or the others would be an easier path.  We need him to come home or stay at UCF.

Dear god. You finally posted something different than your last 50 posts in this thread about, "Scott Frost isn't coming here because he's just like Tom Osborne and that means he has integrity and he wouldn't do that to those poor kids because he's an honest abe guy just like Tom Osborne who is his hero because he has integrity."

Hallelujah! We knew it could happen.

Edited by Landlord
  • Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Vols1891 said:

Everyone on our board is assuming Frost is a lock for Nebraska. It is definitely interesting coming here and seeing that there is still quite a bit of doubt. Maybe I’m living in the 90s somewhat, but I still definitely consider you guys a top 10 job.

Welcome to the board, yes there is still a bit of uncertainty here in Husker land on whether Frost is coming or not. We haven't really heard any other names being seriously considered. We appreciate the kind words, how's your coaching search going? 

A lot of our fans actually have Frost as the coach we would want the most (if you exclude the Gruden maniacs). We just all assume that it would be a waste of time going after him because he’s either going to Nebraska or staying put. Plus it’s not like we can outbid you...I’d say we are pretty even financially.

Edited by Vols1891
11 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

Listening to things Frost says about UCF makes me think that he is staying.  I’m not saying that he’ll never leave, but it just seems like he’s not ready to leave— like he wants to see how far he can take them.

i get it.. they’re undefeated and can’t crack the top 10.  It’s tough, if not impossible to win a national championship at UCF unless they are to move into a Power 5 conference. 

But if the money at UCF is now in the $4-4.5 million range, and he likes the proximity of the school with recruiting talent, and enjoys not having every move scrutinized, then he stays. 

Yes, he could dispel all the speculation by just saying whether he’s staying or not.  I think he hasn’t because  he’ll give the decision to leave a good, fair and thorough assessment when the time is right. 

And maybe Moos didn’t fire Riley earlier because he wanted to make sure his new hire was in the works first.  And if he doesn’t get who he wants , he announces that Riley will be retained.  ??  I hope I’m wrong!

You don't need to worry about Riley being retained.

2 minutes ago, Vols1891 said:

Everyone on our board is assuming Frost is a lock for Nebraska. It is definitely interesting coming here and seeing that there is still quite a bit of doubt. Maybe I’m living in the 90s somewhat, but I still definitely consider you guys a top 10 job.

Thanks dude, we also consider that lol. There is doubt because everything is so hush hush. One of our most respected posters said it’s done, so a lot of us are content. Though nerves are still heightened. 

4 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

Frost is seeing his current ceiling now at UCF.  A 3 loss Mississippi State is in front of UCF.  Frost stays and continues, with the current playoff system, he will never be higher than 10 IMHO.  The system is "rigged" against the G5 schools.....

Im sure, well hoping, Frosts comments are purely professional coach speak.  Do the best possible job he can to give his kids and staff an undefeated season....Leave them a lot better than he found them.  If he is as loyal to his staff as he seems, wouldn't he want more money and opportunities for them?  Take Chinander for example.  Come to NU and actually create a top 20 defense would look great on his resume.  What if Frost stays, simply tells NU no.  It's not about the money and UCF offers no raise.  Next year he goes 6-6 for whatever reason.  Think he's worth 5 million/year then?  

IMHO, if he is planning to leave, leave now.  He will never get "better" than he is now.  The reality, is UCF already has a set ceiling regardless of how well they do.  That's the reality of the current system...

• Plus1 4