** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, Jeremy said:

I'd like to agree, but the biggest problem is Diaco's scheme. The Hawkeye offense is going to road grade through our front 7 like powdery Christmas morning snow. 

We might complete some passes, but as we found out earlier, if we can't stop the other team, we literally have no chance. 

As some others have mentioned, Frost would be huge for this program, but what we really need is someone to make the Blackshirts into a formidable defense. THEN we can start competing for the B1G

I was really only addressing ladyhawke's comment on how we treat Riley in what we all pretty well know is his last game.  The game itself -- obviously hoping against hope we get the 'W', but prolly more like you describe.

With my mind right now on accountability, I wondered, "How does Scott handle players who get into trouble?"  I found this article:

UCF Players suspended 6 games!

I want Scott even more now, especially after reading his comments in the article

"We hold our athletes to the highest standard and they’re going to have consequences if they don’t live up to that standard,” UCF coach Scott Frosttold the Orlando Sentinel. “We’re going to do everything we can for those two young men and hopefully they learn the lesson.”

2 minutes ago, FlipPhone said:

With my mind right now on accountability, I wondered, "How does Scott handle players who get into trouble?"  I found this article:

UCF Players suspended 6 games!

I want Scott even more now, especially after reading his comments in the article

"We hold our athletes to the highest standard and they’re going to have consequences if they don’t live up to that standard,” UCF coach Scott Frosttold the Orlando Sentinel. “We’re going to do everything we can for those two young men and hopefully they learn the lesson.”

If you read the article the 6 game suspension is an NCAA thing, not Frosts decision. 

16 minutes ago, okc-husker said:

Another 'national' writer who isn't current! Don't these writers read anything but their own musings?? Scott turned Florida down twice! 

Leach will not work here! I'm sick to death of 'air raid' ball. We've had that for the past three years with Riley &. O.  NO LEACH!!  This is merely another piece of 'click bait'.

11 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Don't see it. I have a feeling Florida is going to get their bare ass left in the cold on this one, not us. 

Me too!  They had their chance and they blew it-twice!!!

Edited by ladyhawke
  • Plus1 1
Just now, FlipPhone said:

The testing is NCAA mandated - the punishment is not.

Yes it is. A quote from the article...

"Incredibly and idiotically, the penalty for a positive marijuana test is an automatic suspension for half of the football season, which is six games. In 2014, the NCAA at least had the good sense to reduce its punishment from a full season to half a season."

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Yes it is. A quote from the article...

"Incredibly and idiotically, the penalty for a positive marijuana test is an automatic suspension for half of the football season, which is six games. In 2014, the NCAA at least had the good sense to reduce its punishment from a full season to half a season."

Yeah, i retracted my comment.  I didnt see that part at the bottom.  

1 minute ago, FlipPhone said:

Yeah, i retracted my comment.  I didnt see that part at the bottom.  

Not to say Frost doesn't hold his players accountable. I don't understand why that's the NCAA rule, you'd think they would just keep them out of the bowl game and let coaches handle it from there. 

12 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Don't see it. I have a feeling Florida is going to get their bare ass left in the cold on this one, not us. 

Right. Florida continues to say Kelly is and always was their #1 but remember for like 2 weeks when all the buzz was scott frost? He obviously declined their offer and that's why they started going after Kelly. Now they can't even secure Kelly and he might be going to UCLA. Looking ugly for Florida and I'm glad... I hate florida with a passion (lived there so I "beefed" with fsu/florida fans a lot in school)

• Plus1 4

I have heard the narrative that scott frost doesn't always do the obvious that all other coaches do. He passed on head coaching gigs until he got an offer he liked in UCF. National media seems to think every job is better for frost than Nebraska. So maybe he does it again and goes against the media perception and comes home. Nice feather in our cap. Aside from getting frost home because it's what we need and want. I would get some pleasure in putting the middle finger up to the national Media and say Nebraska is relevant 

Here is why I believe that this is already a done deal. 

Eichorst is fired, Moos is hired with the number one priority being to hire the next football coach. 

Moos puts out several "feelers" to various candidates to gauge their response (which is what Chip Kelly was referring to)

Moos makes a direct offer to Frost (through the proper agent channels, etc) Now, when offered, SF is either going to say Yes or No--He might need a day or two to think about it, discuss it with his wife, etc. but I am confident that a scenario discussion of this sort had taken place long ago and so the answer is a verbal yes--and there may have been a bit of detail negotiation back and forth about budget for staff salaries, etc. 

Frost also communicates to Moos that he does not want this to be made public until AFTER his season is over--to give full focus on his current team and to now allow any distractions from their season. (smart move on his part)  He asks that it all be kept quiet until the proper time. Moos and company agree. 

Now, the overwhelming fan base choice is Frost, it is who we want, it is who we expect--and expectations are HUGE right now in Husker Nation.......

Now.....lets say when Moos first reached out---and Frost had said NO, or said I will consider it, but will entertain other offers--we will talk after the season.....(something like that)

Don't you think Moos and company would be doing EVERYTHING possible to shift the discussion away from Frost as a lock--as a way of slowly turning down those expectations and perhaps turning up the fire and excitement for another candidate that was wiling to make a solid commitment?   I would think they would be smart enough to do this---via media sources, etc. Start shifting the narrative away from Frost and to someone else...

They have been largely silent........

and that leads me to believe the first scenario has taken place and its already a done deal, 

• Plus1 7
8 minutes ago, Keith.Wassung said:

Here is why I believe that this is already a done deal. 

Eichorst is fired, Moos is hired with the number one priority being to hire the next football coach. 

Moos puts out several "feelers" to various candidates to gauge their response (which is what Chip Kelly was referring to)

Moos makes a direct offer to Frost (through the proper agent channels, etc) Now, when offered, SF is either going to say Yes or No--He might need a day or two to think about it, discuss it with his wife, etc. but I am confident that a scenario discussion of this sort had taken place long ago and so the answer is a verbal yes--and there may have been a bit of detail negotiation back and forth about budget for staff salaries, etc. 

Frost also communicates to Moos that he does not want this to be made public until AFTER his season is over--to give full focus on his current team and to now allow any distractions from their season. (smart move on his part)  He asks that it all be kept quiet until the proper time. Moos and company agree. 

Now, the overwhelming fan base choice is Frost, it is who we want, it is who we expect--and expectations are HUGE right now in Husker Nation.......

Now.....lets say when Moos first reached out---and Frost had said NO, or said I will consider it, but will entertain other offers--we will talk after the season.....(something like that)

Don't you think Moos and company would be doing EVERYTHING possible to shift the discussion away from Frost as a lock--as a way of slowly turning down those expectations and perhaps turning up the fire and excitement for another candidate that was wiling to make a solid commitment?   I would think they would be smart enough to do this---via media sources, etc. Start shifting the narrative away from Frost and to someone else...

They have been largely silent........

and that leads me to believe the first scenario has taken place and its already a done deal, 

Solid logic.  I have been a little curious why there hasn't been any national rumor mill stuff about other candidates for Nebraska.

• Plus1 1