** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Sounds a little like the last coaching hire - no one at all was talking about Riley as a replacement.  Only hope that all this smoke/rumors isn't just a smoke screen and we end up with another out of left field hire that no one is talking about.  Please, for the love of all that is holy, don't be the case.  

And, while several posters are 200% confident there will be a deal made, the ink isnt there yet so anything could happen.

Can't.  Screw.  This.  One.  Up.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Feels good to have some hope again

I am very enthusiastic about our chances at Frost, No inside info,  just intuition.

Enthused  enough to actually post on a Husker forum again, been since like 2002 or so, lol....

Beat Iowa

Welcome back Thunder! GBR!

11 minutes ago, FlipPhone said:

Sounds a little like the last coaching hire - no one at all was talking about Riley as a replacement.  Only hope that all this smoke/rumors isn't just a smoke screen and we end up with another out of left field hire that no one is talking about.  Please, for the love of all that is holy, don't be the case.  

And, while several posters are 200% confident there will be a deal made, the ink isnt there yet so anything could happen.

I don't think it sounds like the last hire at all! Moos has been very open and up front with this search. He has included Bounds and Green and more than likely, TO. Eichorst went behind everyone's back and made the decision alone.  Huge difference.  

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, FlipPhone said:

Comparing to the last coaching hire though. There was not one candidate everyone was rallying behind. Athletic department is setting themselves up for an atom bomb explosion this time if it's not frost. I don't think the last time was that way 

7 minutes ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

I'll be interested to hear what Frost says after the UCF-SF game when I'm sure he'll be asked questions about his future.  He'll be on an emotional high after the game more so than after any other game of the season whether they win or lose.  Will he play a game of semantics, be iffy, or act like UCF is his future long-term? 

It would be a great win for him today, his third perfect season. Maybe with the excitement he isn't as measured in his comments and says something that just lights up this board!

2 minutes ago, Gage County said:

It would be a great win for him today, his third perfect season. Maybe with the excitement he isn't as measured in his comments and says something that just lights up this board!

I believe he had his plea to the media written out in advance of the win over Tennessee in the bowl game.  If he had enough foresight at that age to write it out in advance, I'm guessing he has rehearsed lines for either outcome today.  But, as they say, "in the heat of the moment".  It will be interesting either way.

15 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I don't think it sounds like the last hire at all! Moos has been very open and up front with this search. He has included Bounds and Green and more than likely, TO. Eichorst went behind everyone's back and made the decision alone.  Huge difference.  

It does feel different, and we do seem to have more competence in the admin now, but I still need to be shown that, while their intentions are good, their decisions need to bear fruit.  (Frost or not, it has to be a home run).

13 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Comparing to the last coaching hire though. There was not one candidate everyone was rallying behind. Athletic department is setting themselves up for an atom bomb explosion this time if it's not frost. I don't think the last time was that way 

We just wanted competent coach then - and missed royally.  Thankfully that guy isnt around to make any more bad descions.  Can't run that jerk out of town fast enough. 

1 minute ago, FlipPhone said:

It does feel different, and we do seem to have more competence in the admin now, but I still need to be shown that, while their intentions are good, their decisions need to bear fruit.  (Frost or not, it has to be a home run).

We just wanted competent coach then - and missed royally.  Thankfully that guy isn't around to make any more bad decisions.  Can't run that jerk out of town fast enough. 

I think we're all nervous about the new hire.  We're 'snake bit' let's just admit it.  I'm more confident now that Hedley made the announcement.  He's been around a long time and perhaps has connections with the University?  Anyway, I'm just going to focus on today's game and enjoy watching our seniors play for one last time.  I hope Memorial Stadium is packed out!  That would be a nice send off for Coach Riley and a great boost to our boys!  GBR!!!

3 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

I love that Miss State is ranked ahead of UCF with now 4 losses. Don't get me wrong, if UCF was in the P5, I would definitely want to keep all the G5 out, but at some point the pettiness looks silly. You have to set up some system with at least the appearance of fairness. 

Its a joke 

Undefeated UCF should get their shot.

• Plus1 1