** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

I think it would be terrible if it were today.  Today is senior day and should be about the guys who chose to dedicate their 4-5 years of elgibility in Lincoln.  Today is their party.

I think it would be terrible too. I was listening to a local sports talk show (590-ESPN/Nebraska) and Josh Banderas (sp?) was on with another sports personality.  They were talking about what Senior Day is like, the various challenges of all the changes these Seniors have went through these past 4 years.  It gave me a new appreciation for these players.  Unless you've played college football we have no idea what these boys are going through. Not only are they dealing with football but they are also full time students. It's really incredible.  I hope they beat Iowa today. It was be so refreshing for them to go out with a bang!  GBR!!! 

• Plus1 1

33 minutes ago, Edison's Enemy said:

My confidence level in Frost coming back to Nebraska is a 9.9.

Ditto! Hedley said it-I believe it!  (I think the answer will be either tomorrow or Sunday.  I'm hoping Scott wins today so that they can play their bowl game-win it-then he can leave UCF without regret. 

Edited by ladyhawke

I'm darn near a 10.  After having spoken to and read things from people who have varying levels of connection it's more than a little obvious that all stories are pretty similar.  I've heard that bounds was in contact with frosts agent prior to moos being hired and got a "Yes" on interest.  I've heard that moos was given the green light to secure him at any cost.  The initial contract offer was substantial and the only negotiations back and forth was in regards to the structure of bonuses and automatic extensions.  

It's also pretty telling that for there being no less than 4 major programs doing searches and frost being the top commodity that we've heard zip as far as any types of offers or reciprocal interest from anyone but Nebraska.  

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, Crazyhole said:

I'm darn near a 10.  After having spoken to and read things from people who have varying levels of connection it's more than a little obvious that all stories are pretty similar.  I've heard that bounds was in contact with frosts agent prior to moos being hired and got a "Yes" on interest.  I've heard that moos was given the green light to secure him at any cost.  The initial contract offer was substantial and the only negotiations back and forth was in regards to the structure of bonuses and automatic extensions.  

It's also pretty telling that for there being no less than 4 major programs doing searches and frost being the top commodity that we've heard zip as far as any types of offers or reciprocal interest from anyone but Nebraska.  

Add to that the fact we've heard almost nothing about other coaches coming here from the media.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, FlipPhone said:

Not a chance in hell.  I want there to be no regrets in his leaving, knowing that he did everything he could for perfection.  A loss would always leave lingering doubt, or worse, him to want to stay another year and get that undefeated season.   I'll gladly bear the sheer pain and uncertainty for another week.  (Ok, not so gladly)

Let's go Bulls. 

The funny thing is how many people would doubt the hire if he loses today. 

But SF isn't staying at UCF just for another shot at USF. 

1 hour ago, ATS Knight said:

I love that Miss State is ranked ahead of UCF with now 4 losses. Don't get me wrong, if UCF was in the P5, I would definitely want to keep all the G5 out, but at some point the pettiness looks silly. You have to set up some system with at least the appearance of fairness. 

1 hour ago, Redreign22 said:

Its a joke 

Undefeated UCF should get their shot.

Get their shot at what? The Playoff? UCF is a real nice looking team (better than Nebraska obviously), but they're nowhere near one of the four best teams in the country, and that's what this is all about isn't it? Does anyone really believe that they're better, or even have a better resume, than Oklahoma, Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Miami, Georgia, Wisconsin, Ohio St., Penn. St., etc.? This is not shot at UCF, or Scott Frost; but I doubt UCF is really one of the top 15 teams in the country, and they even if they are their resume isn't good enough to prove any different.