Underdog against Purdue

31 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I think we win handily.

I’m assuming you’re being optimistic because it’s considered to be the “right” thing to do.  But what are you basing this on? We haven’t won handily against anyone for a long, long time. We could win, but I would guess, based on recent history, that it’s a nail biter that goes down to the last second, and we win because the other team shoots themselves in the foot. I’m sorry, I’ve lost all faith that this team has any given wins against anyone anymore. I’m sorry, I need to improve my attitude, I know. 

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, HuskerJax said:

I’m assuming you’re being optimistic because it’s considered to be the “right” thing to do.  But what are you basing this on? We haven’t won handily against anyone for a long, long time. We could win, but I would guess, based on recent history, that it’s a nail biter that goes down to the last second, and we win because the other team shoots themselves in the foot. I’m sorry, I’ve lost all faith that this team has any given wins against anyone anymore. I’m sorry, I need to improve my attitude, I know. 

I think they've been over-rated and it showed against Rutgers. It's just a guess but I think they suck as much as us and Diaco knows he has to step up with a real defense.

But hey, I'll be the least surprised if I'm wrong....I just think we're due. Maybe even go on a three game roll.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

I think they've been over-rated and it showed against Rutgers. It's just a guess but I think they suck as much as us and Diaco knows he has to step up with a real defense.

But hey, I'll be the least surprised if I'm wrong....I just think we're due. Maybe even go on a three game roll.

You mind sharing what you're drinking?  I want to feel that good, too.  :D:D    :wasted

10 hours ago, Hilltop said:

If played on a neutral field this game would be a push or Nebraska would have a slight edge.  Purdue gets a field goal for being at home and another for the night game atmosphere.  Nothing to react to imo...  we both stink this year.  

Wow.....I hope you don't bet, but if you do and this is how you bet I'm sorry for your pocketbook.

I bet you do well for your bookie.  Not for you, just for him...

10 hours ago, Hilltop said:

If played on a neutral field this game would be a push or Nebraska would have a slight edge.  Purdue gets a field goal for being at home and another for the night game atmosphere.  Nothing to react to imo...  we both stink this year.  

This is only Purdue's second home night game ever. they just put the lights up this year. I drive by the field everyday.

all my neighbors (Purdue fans) think Brohm is the second coming of Tiller. One even told me that Purdue is now a better job than Neb. I just laughed. West Lafayette <<<<< Lincoln 

Purdue has played a  good schedule and came close to beating some really good teams.

6 point favorite is about right.  Vegas see this as a money maker either way it goes.  The body language of this team in the last two weeks on the field suggest that we have quit, given up.  History says that when you fire an AD in September, your firing the HC later.  This all adds up to Purdue getting a favorable spread.  Thats it.  There is not scientific formula as to how this was derived.  Most teams do get 3 points for a home game.  So basically, were giving them 3 and then they are taking 3 more based on home field advantage.  Basically were a 3 point dog.  It wouldn't surprise me if we lost 27-24 or we won by the same score.  I see it as a favorable bet to take Nebraska on this one either way.  I think we will give them 7 points from our offense and they will manage to score another couple or so TD's. This is our M.O on the season.  We have been giving up nearly 7 points a game from our offense  to there defense.  Right there is the 6 points in a nutshell.  They played against last years Heisman and did a fairly good job against him.  I think there defense can defend against our statue.

On the upside, I don't think that there offense is sound and able to score alot of points.  This is why, we(Langs) must call a smart game in order not to give them points.  We give them any points off of bad offense, we will lose this game.  Yeah, 6 point dog.  Thats about right for what we have watched all season to this point, right?

3 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

On the upside, I don't think that there offense is sound and able to score alot of points.

It is as sound as any other offense, more than some I'd say. They just don't have the pieces; their receivers can't get off the LOS and they have no one that can take the top off. They end up rarely scoring from outside the red zone, and in the red zone they got no one that can cause a matchup issue. 

That's if you play them right, of course, which even Brohm hinted at today. We know how to defend them, he knows where they are weak, surely the Nebraska coaches will do what is necessary.

3 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

Thats about right for what we have watched all season to this point, right?

I think they're pretty much even, as I explained in the Purdue night game thread. These guys arent exactly world beaters.

Langsgoof said he was going to change things up a bit offensively and involve TE's more. This means throwing it more. I think on the road we need to develop the running game. Purdue is a better team than Illinois. If we expect to sling it right off the bat it may come back to bite us.

29f9d76f5d93940e492993f87a5cc774a584c30d-1S_1280.jpg

• Plus1 7