***Official Purdue Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

20 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

B1G is going to take themselves out of the National title race. 

Aren't we saying that about every conference? Certainly we've said that about the PAC, BIG12, and while the SEC may get 2, they are so good they want to fire everyone else.

It was a good day for Clemson, though.

12 minutes ago, Fcott Srost said:

A good win against an even better Purdue football team. I'm finally starting to see good quality wins against tough opponents including Rutgers, Illinois, and now Purdue! I can see why Mr. Rileys contract was extended as well! 

Diaco is now up for the Broyles award!

1 hour ago, FTW said:

The key part of your post was "Rozier" and Barkley doesn't even compare. You can find a thousand other comparisons.

I watched Rozier every home game he played.  While I've not been to any Penn State games, I've seen some runs of his that absolutely do compare to some of Rozier's.  I did not say he was as good as Rozier, I said he reminded me of Rozier at times.  You may not agree, that is fine.

45 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

I watched Rozier every home game he played.  While I've not been to any Penn State games, I've seen some runs of his that absolutely do compare to some of Rozier's.  I did not say he was as good as Rozier, I said he reminded me of Rozier at times.  You may not agree, that is fine.

Did Rozier only play home games?

11 hours ago, MacNCheeze said:

Yep, people happy right now are exactly why we have Mike Riley as a coach.

No it's not. People who think bringing in strangers recommended by our main rival is okay are why we are in the position we're in. Didn't hear much complaining then.

People who get on social media and throw a tantrum are why we had Pederson and Callahan....etc....etc...

12 hours ago, grandpasknee said:

Have you not watched the games this year.  Yes, it is Purdue.  Yes, Riley and his staff suck for air.   When you say it should have been over in the first half, what makes you think that?  The coaching staff executed so poorly there was no chance it could have been over in the first half.  Nebraska football is no where near what we would like it to be (I won't say 'should' be, because nothing is a given)  I get all of that.  I'm not that apathetic one.  I'm a realist.  We won the freaking game, dreadful coaching and all.  That makes me freaking happy when my team wins.  And I won't be pissing in my cheerios about it, ever.

No, and I never said I wasn’t happy we won—I am. But I’m not going to sugar coat this and delude myself into thinking that this win is more than it is—a win against one of the perennial cellar dwellers in the B1G West, and a win that required last second heroics because of an inept coaching staff mismanaging talent.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Hayseed said:

No it's not. People who think bringing in strangers recommended by our main rival is okay are why we are in the position we're in. Didn't hear much complaining then.

People who get on social media and throw a tantrum are why we had Pederson and Callahan....etc....etc...

Nope. Pederson was a Nebraska guy, thought to be a good hire. He fired Solich and brought in Callahan on his own, as eichorst brought in Riley. Fans by and large didn't have a whole lot to do with it. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Jeremy said:

Nope. Pederson was a Nebraska guy, thought to be a good hire. He fired Solich and brought in Callahan on his own, as eichorst brought in Riley. Fans by and large didn't have a whole lot to do with it. 

Pederson was recommended many many times on Husker boards, like he was the obvious choice.

Perlman was actually kind of clueless about sports and just did what people who were supposed to be the experts told him to do. 

The mob has a big influence.

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

Pederson was recommended many many times on Husker boards, like he was the obvious choice.

Perlman was actually kind of clueless about sports and just did what people who were supposed to be the experts told him to do. 

The mob has a big influence.

I agree with this, mostly. Would you say the mob is wrong about wanting Riley gone and Frost to come back to Lincoln?