***Official Purdue Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

You could tell our guys were playing to win, they really wanted this.

Is that what we’re calling the first 35 minutes of this game now? Playing to win? 

Look—it’s great that the kids pulled this out. But it’s Purdue—they shouldn’t have needed last minute heroics to win in the first place. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, grandpasknee said:

I will ALWAYS be happy with a Husker win!  ALWAYS!!!!!!   Sorry if you live in some deluded world where a one point win against a favored team isn't good enough for you.  Yes, the overall state of Husker football is pathetic, but damn man, the team I've cheered for over the last 55 years won a game tonight.  Good enough for now.  Good enough for now.

Yep. Just cannot hope for them to lose. Ever!

This game means nothing.  nothing.  IF we lost it badly then there was a chance that this might have ended it.  Now we will have to endure another week of rainbows and smoky mountain river feel good songs.  Like I said, good win for a struggling program, but don't care about the win for the staff.  WE looked sad all night long until Brohm get up and called off the dogs.  They were beating us up and down the field when ever they passed it down field.  Wow, we might not have the worst coach in the West Division.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

I will ALWAYS be happy with a Husker win!  ALWAYS!!!!!!   Sorry if you live in some deluded world where a one point win against a favored team isn't good enough for you.  Yes, the overall state of Husker football is pathetic, but damn man, the team I've cheered for over the last 55 years won a game tonight.  Good enough for now.  Good enough for now.

This is just willful ignorance right here. Yes, it’s great they won, but it’s Purdue. This should have been over in the first half, not over with a last minute win.

9 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

We may now finish 6-6 instead of 5-7.  Who would have thought we would have a coach who is excited about being bowl eligible.

Based on today’s performance, which two games you think we can win? We are not going to beat Northwestern, Iowa, or Penn State. We might, and I mean that with every sense of the word “might”, beat Minnesota. I think we will finish 4-8. I am glad at least we won one more game this season. 

Just now, VectorVictor said:

This is just willful ignorance right here. Yes, it’s great they won, but it’s Purdue. This should have been over in the first half, not over with a last minute win.

Have you not watched the games this year.  Yes, it is Purdue.  Yes, Riley and his staff suck for air.   When you say it should have been over in the first half, what makes you think that?  The coaching staff executed so poorly there was no chance it could have been over in the first half.  Nebraska football is no where near what we would like it to be (I won't say 'should' be, because nothing is a given)  I get all of that.  I'm not that apathetic one.  I'm a realist.  We won the freaking game, dreadful coaching and all.  That makes me freaking happy when my team wins.  And I won't be pissing in my cheerios about it, ever.