Post Game Speech

4 hours ago, lo country said:

I didn't watch the presser, so this is coming from an uneducated perspective specifically relating to the presser.  However, body language, posture etc go a long way in installing confidence.  When one is called upon to be an instructor, or for all intensive purposes, a subject matter expert (SME), you have to let the respective audience know your credentials and convey the reason why you are "the guy".  It's not rocket science, nor bragging.  Just a blurb about why you are there.  The audience then decides to "buy in" based upon your ability to convey the message, observing you "practice what you preach" and see that they are improving and taking the the classroom lessons into real world applicability.

Riley's body language does not convey confidence to me.  When I see the games, whatever we are doing in practice doesn't translate onto the field.  Not everyone is a great public speaker, but I do think that the often "haphazard" execution of the fundamentals, the constant penalties and miscues and no accountability is a microcosm of how the practices and program are under Riley.  

Watched some games yesterday.  Harbaugh pulls O'Korn, ASU pulled one of their guys for a few series last night after mistakes....Gates has started 31 games IIRC.  How many has he ever been pulled from?  None.  Conrad?  The DB's.....Lee.  Even to settle them down and coach them up.  If not for injury, Farniok, Decker and Jaimes wouldnt see the field this year.  This goes back to paragraph 1 above.....It goes back to the audience (team) believing you are the guy to get them there.  I don't see anything that leads me to believe the guys are "positive" Riley and Co are the guys...Why bust my hump, when guys in front of me continually blow assignments and are continued to play.  If I'm Gates, I'm questioning why in year 3 with the same coach am I getting my a$$ handed to me by "inferior" DL......That's seeing the practice not translating to the playing field.  Doubt creeps in because the SME has no idea.  The same speech that doesn't translate...

Watching Miami vs UNC. UNC implodes at the end with a chance to win.  Mack Brown says when a team is losing lie UNC (0-6 game time) they find a way to lose.  Inferring its starting to be who they are.  NU is becoming that way IMHO.  If not for a Herculean effort by the O on that last drive and Purdue going into prevent, we lose last night.  To Purdue with our grand total of 44 yards rushing...

Intents and purposes.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Did you have to bring up that bad memory! OU had a way ruining Saturdays for us. The thing is, in the 90s I didn't get much satisfaction out of killing bad sooner teams. I missed the great games with the winner playing for the MCN.

Yes, much rather win, but those games meant something either way.  

Guys.We as fans can make this happen! We OU are already looking at other options for a conference and the regents have already made  it known. That OU will not go to the SEC. It's either the PAC or the Big 10 and I can tell you the fans want here want no part of playing late ass games in the PAC. We are looking to the Big 10

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

I'm not sure if he's just happy with .500 football or he already knows he's done so he's calm as a cucumber.  I don't know how you can make statements during the offseason like this team has the potential to score on every drive and how we want to be a top 3 rushing team in the conference and then play like you have this season especially the last 3 games and sitting at 4-4 and be all golly we played good.