"Write About That S#!t!"

Mavric

2 minutes ago, Dan_F_31 said:

I'd venture to guess he is looking at this particular columnist and saying what he said in reference to Sipple's column last week.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-frost-s-rise-brings-clarity-to-at/article_c2812fb0-db80-572c-bf03-8ce791d62dc8.html

openly speculating about a coaching replacement.

OK, so the assistant is in fact insane.  This game only made it more clear that a coaching change is needed.  Maybe this staff is comfortable wallowing around in the muck with Illinois, Rutgers and Purdue but the fans aren't.  Had the team came out after the bye and looked noticeably improved maybe there might be a case for discussing possibly keeping Riley.

• Plus1 3

They have been forced to talk about possible replacements.  The game announcers, BTN analysts, etc are.  ESPN has stopped mentioning the team completely.  They scroll our scores at the bottom of the screen while discussing good teams.  The BTN announcers mentioned how NE played terrible but pulled out a win they needed.  The nation isn't blind to what's happening.

If they don't talk about what everyone else is talking about, they aren't doing their jobs.  Beat Oregon and NIU, play better against Arkansas state and Purdue and nobody would say anything since they would be bowl eligible already with losses to top 10 teams.

They look confused, have poor fundamentals, undisciplined penalties, odd play calling and clock management, you name it.  But 6-2 and it would take a collapse for them to be talking about coaching changes, instead of needing to win 3 or 4 with solid play to stop talking about coaching changes.

Edited by InOmaha
  • Plus1 5
38 minutes ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

Hey soon to be unemployed recruiting assistant...write about THIS s#!t...

Scoring Offense...tied for 83rd.

Rushing Offense...108th

Passing Offense...30th

Total Offense...65th

Scoring Defense...86th

Rushing Defense...71st

Passing Defense...67th

Total Defense...65th

You got a freakin juggernaut to write about on your hands!  I'd call it "Paradise Lost"...or has that been taken?

And notice how we are worse in scoring D and scoring O than we are in the totals. This staff  gets less out of more in every category.

Yeah write about that 1 point win over Purdue in a game really Nebraska had no business winning.

I am glad we won, always good when Nebraska wins a game, but get off your high horse assistant coach. Also, when you are currently barely hanging onto a job it isn't that great to start picking battles with the local media. Because whether we like it, or they like it or not, having the local media on your side is a good thing when you could be fired or let go.

• Plus1 1

..this behavior of Mike Reilly is textbook definition of delusional..I really think he is absolutely blinded and in denial of the reality of his organization...I see the sidelines and players sitting down, talking to fans..man what failure of a environment Riley has created and allows..these players are out of control, coaches are baffled..it’s a circus..I watched movie water boy again awhile back..Mike Reilly is about a carbon copy of the coach in that movie..

• Plus1 2

Write about what sh1t? How we had to come back against a horrible Purdue team who did everything in there power to lose this game with dropping multiple TD passes? Nebraska lucked into a win last night in game nobody deserved to win. That's where the program is at, and this moron thinks they accomplished something? It's not like they have played lights out all year and had a bad game on the road but came back for a gritty win. They are a bad team that has played bad all year and played a terrible 3 1/2 quarters of football last night against a terrible Purdue team and got lucky. This recruiting assistant can go pound sand, and enjoy being unemployed in month.

• Plus1 1

I noticed this in Riley's press conference too. You would have thought we just locked up the west with a win over a top 10 team. Don't get me wrong it's okay to be proud of the way the team came back and got the win when we played terrible, but he acted like that win just fixed everything. I would hope that he would be happy, but also talk about how we need to improve and see a more consistent team. Instead he told everyone how he keeps saying how he likes this team and where they are. If he likes being at 4-4 then he doesn't need to be here any longer. This staff's goals are just to win games, not championships.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

I've read the OP and then I read the article to try to get the context of the quote from the recruiting assistant "Write about that sh-!!".  Without hearing the spoken words I have no idea if he means 'Write about our crappy play' against a very bad Purdue team that had this board completely demoralized during the game?  Or is he delusional and crowing about pulling out a last second win over a bad Purdue team.  His choice of the word shi!! is almost freudian.

This reminds me of the Barney Cotton 9 wins quote.  These heat of the moment expressions reveal a lot about the coaching staff's mindset.  In the Barney case it became obvious the goal was to win 9 games and getting blown off the field by OSU, Wisconsin didn't matter. 

I mean, if you’re into that sort of stuff, more power to ya. But I think it’d be best if a staff member keeps their scat fetish out of the public realm.

Edited by Edison's Enemy