"Write About That S#!t!"

Mavric

Why the Boilers stopped running the ball I don't understand.  If their receivers could catch, we'd have lost.  I'm happy our underperforming team beat the underperforming team from Indiana.  There was no basis for chest thumping in Ross-Ade, though.

How many of our kids were down after plays?  I'd have to think we were at least close to double digits.  You'd think we had been playing Alabama.

Edited by beorach

Mike Riley record VS teams as Nebraska's Head Coach: (19-15)

B1G West: (7-8)

Wisconsin 0-3

Iowa 0-2

Minnesota 2-0

Illinois 2-1

Northwestern 1-1

Purdue 2-1

B1G East: (5-2)

Ohio State 0-2

Michigan St. 1-0

Rutgets 2-0

Maryland 1-0

Indiana 1-0

Non Conference: (7-5)

South Alabama 1-0

S.Miss St 1-0

UCLA 1-0

Fresno St. 1-0

Wyoming 1-0

Ark. St. 1-0

Oregon 1-1

BYU 0-1

Miami 0-1

Tennessee 0-1

Northern Illinois 0-1

Other fun stats: (Add what you can think of)

Lost home opener for first time in 29 years

Edited by Redux
  • Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I understand the against with a coach or recruiting coordinator yelling something, but I imagine the constant barrage of negativity from a fan base gets old.  Players are probably tired of all of the ragging on their coach, deserved or not.

You want to play in big time college athletics then make sure you understand the full gambit that comes it period.  You want king status when it's good, then you take all the blame when it is bad period.  This is a joke of a football team, and everything that they are criticized for in terms of FOOTBALL PLAY is completely appropriate.

9 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I understand the against with a coach or recruiting coordinator yelling something, but I imagine the constant barrage of negativity from a fan base gets old.  Players are probably tired of all of the ragging on their coach, deserved or not.

I totally agree.  Look, I have coached for a long ass time and there are other coaches on this board at all levels and we all rip of the "fans" (parents) for being a$$hole$.  I could only imagine what it is like for these guys at the college level.  Same reason I never cared that Bo hated the fans at times...I get it, I totally do.

I think I will have a new policy if I coach next season.  I will let the parents know.  If you email me (good or bad) it will go on the football teams website for all to see.

Edited by teachercd
  • Plus1 3

Few things about this story.

1)  I have a pretty good idea who Sipple is talking about.  This person may not always be thinking clearly.

2)  That said, this is an anecdote that didn't need to be written.  It sounds like a grudge being aired, and a petty one at that. It's the kind of thing I expect from Lee B from the OWH. It's dumb.

3)  Conversely, if you're going to choose to write it, go all in and publish the guy's name.  It's one of a thousand such interactions between the press & the staff every year. If it's worth mentioning, it's worth mentioning all the way.  You aren't telling us anything other than that you, the reporter, don't have a great relationship with this guy.

4)  Regarding this thread, it's always interesting when new members speak with old members' voices.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I totally agree.  Look, I have coached for a long ass time and there are other coaches on this board at all levels and we all rip of the "fans" (parents) for being a$$hole$.  I could only imagine what it is like for these guys at the college level.  Same reason I never cared that Bo hated the fans at times...I get it, I totally do.

I think I will have a new policy if I coach next season.  I will let the parents know.  If you email me (good or bad) it will go on the football teams website for all to see.

I see no problem with this, actually sounds fairly constructive

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Few things about this story.

1)  I have a pretty good idea who Sipple is talking about.  This person may not always be thinking clearly.

I knew it. Are we talking full blown insanity or occasionally walks an imaginary dog type of crazy or just Mattyice level zaniness?

1 hour ago, KingBlank said:

You want to play in big time college athletics then make sure you understand the full gambit that comes it period.  You want king status when it's good, then you take all the blame when it is bad period.  This is a joke of a football team, and everything that they are criticized for in terms of FOOTBALL PLAY is completely appropriate.

Then you should understand the lashing out.  Freedom to complain goes both ways.

1 minute ago, ebohnart said:

As if a one point win over PURDUE with s first year head coach should be celebrated.

I know! We should be national champions every year! We should never have close games, we should never need a miracle bounce off Shevin Wiggins' foot to stay undefeated, we should... errrr.... I mean, we should never rush the field after beating Oklahoma in 1995 when they sucked...  errr.... I mean... Sit Down!  Enough with that hip-hop hogwash, right?  GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!

• Plus1 3