Northwestern Post-Game Pressers

Mavric

18 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Most of the head coaches we will go after are current coaches, and they will not be available until at least after their regular season ends. Moos is already getting a start in replacements, so firing mid-season does nothing but put a bad taste for prospective coaches who would consider taking over at Nebraska.

I am curious why you think that?  

Edited by Making Chimichangas

By the way Diaco sounds like a very creepy cult leader...seriously, is this the best we can hire? I mean, do the people in charge of hiring talk to these coaches at all before hiring them. If I heard him talk and he said what he said tonight, not only would I not hire him, I would hold him in a mental facility pending a compete psych evaluation. Since Frank Solich firing, we have made some seriously questionable decisions. 

On the other hand, when I posted that we should have hired Mark Richt when he became available, I was attacked. Look at what he has done for Miami and look at what Mr. Nice Guy has done. He hired Diaco. Enough said.

7 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I really don't give a damn what Riley says anymore.  I am officially boycotting Nebraska football until Riley is gone.  Mentioned in another thread that I have cancelled my extra sports television packages.  I am not even listening to the games on the radio.

#JoinMeInTheBoycott

Boycotting makes zero sense. It’s not like this is a situation that the administration is unaware of or are ignoring. If Riley is retained, 2018 would be the time to boycott.

Unless you’re boycotting because you want Moos to announce the inevitable firing. Then, I guess, you do you.

8 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

By the way Diaco sounds like a very creepy cult leader...seriously, is this the best we can hire? I mean, do the people in charge of hiring talk to these coaches at all before hiring them. If I heard him talk and he said what he said tonight, not only would I not hire him, I would hold him in a mental facility pending a compete psych evaluation. Since Frank Solich firing, we have made some seriously questionable decisions. 

On the other hand, when I posted that we should have hired Mark Richt when he became available, I was attacked. Look at what he has done for Miami and look at what Mr. Nice Guy has done. He hired Diaco. Enough said.

sometimes i think the football gawds are punishing us for firing Frank............given him a couple more years would maybe have halted the domino affect we are in now?

Edited by Hunter94
32 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I won't boycott and I am already excited to be in Lincoln for the last game of the season.  Look, we all knew Riley was a joke of a hire and we all knew it was not going to work and we all know he needs to be gone but I am still going to watch all the games and have fun.  

There will be seniors playing their last game soon.  It isn't their fault our AD's hired Voldemort and the old homeless guy looking for a cigarette butt on the sidelines.  These kids came to Nebraska and gave as well as they were coached and deserve to go out with a standing ovation.  

1 hour ago, ladyhawke said:

Has anyone ever discovered what Eichorst was thinking when he hired MR? Seriously, did any of the reporters ask him why he chose Rikey?

I think he was hired solely to be the anti-Pelini. A nice guy, someone who would represent with class. SE probably thought anyone would win 9 games here if Bo could 7 years straight.

Edited by runningblind