So let's say Riley stays ...

NM11046

10 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

Agreed...  I'm not in the "keep Riley" camp at all... but I can see them keeping him in lieu of paying him to leave and Scott Frost wanting to see thru his obligations with UCF.  I think Moos will have a hand in any replacements that are made AND if that arrangement is not okay with MR then we may see him "retire"...  Again... JMHO

Guys moos made a statement Nebraska would be up there with Ohio state and bama in 5 years. No chance that happens if we keep Riley for 3 years. He wouldn't make that statement unless he was giving his guy enough time. 

21 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Guys moos made a statement Nebraska would be up there with Ohio state and bama in 5 years. No chance that happens if we keep Riley for 3 years. He wouldn't make that statement unless he was giving his guy enough time. 

well, it's my understanding that it should only take 2-3 yrs to turn a team... if you keep riley for 2-3 that gives a new coach 2-3... that is the time frame give or take..  right..?

I don't think this decision is driven by the desire to keep Riley as much as it is a desire to get Scott Frost....  

Edited by twofittyonred
16 hours ago, GSG said:

Got some bad news everybody...

I stopped to get a coffee on my way back to work this afternoon. The guy takes my order, I pay, then he asks "Do you want extra guacamole on that?" I said, "absolutely." Then the fu&*#r looks me dead in the eye and says, "Mike Riley is staying at Nebraska for another year."

I hit 2 old ladies and a dog as I raced out of the parking lot.

giphy.gif

Finish the story! Mike Riley is staying because he was hired to manage the restaurant you went to. 

1 hour ago, twofittyonred said:

Agreed...  I'm not in the "keep Riley" camp at all... but I can see them keeping him in lieu of paying him to leave and Scott Frost wanting to see thru his obligations with UCF.  I think Moos will have a hand in any replacements that are made AND if that arrangement is not okay with MR then we may see him "retire"...  Again... JMHO

I’m not in the keep Riley camp either. I’m of the opinion that Scott has nothing to prove at UCF. I believe he will end the season undefeated and will win his bowl game. That is as high as he can go in that division. He will leave his coffers with talented kids that the next coach can continue to develop so why wait?  I think considering he has a new baby that he will be looking fir a place to settle down and raise his family. I hope he votes for Nebraska:The Good Life!

1 hour ago, twofittyonred said:

well, it's my understanding that it should only take 2-3 yrs to turn a team... if you keep riley for 2-3 that gives a new coach 2-3... that is the time frame give or take..  right..?

I don't think this decision is driven by the desire to keep Riley as much as it is a desire to get Scott Frost....  

So you think Scott Frost in year 2 would have us competing with Alabama and Ohio State? That is just ignorant. Winning the big ten west in year 2. That is believable. 

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So you think Scott Frost in year 2 would have us competing with Alabama and Ohio State? That is just ignorant. Winning the big ten west in year 2. That is believable. 

LOL I bet in two years under Frost we are not losing to Purdue and northwestern. Also we won't have to witness such atrocious tackling and crappy O Line play.

On 11/6/2017 at 6:56 PM, El Diaco said:

On the contingency that Riley stays at home and has a qualified surrogate head coach perform his duties and collect his pay. Totally serious, that is the only way.

That’s the problem. The coordinators are the coaches and Riley is just a grandpa figure. 

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, ladyhawke said:

I’m not in the keep Riley camp either. I’m of the opinion that Scott has nothing to prove at UCF. I believe he will end the season undefeated and will win his bowl game. That is as high as he can go in that division. He will leave his coffers with talented kids that the next coach can continue to develop so why wait?  I think considering he has a new baby that he will be looking fir a place to settle down and raise his family. I hope he votes for Nebraska:The Good Life!

I hope as well that Scott Frost heads home, but I also think (and have heard) that he wants to fulfill his obligations to UCF... which is 2021.  so I will say that he will stick around for 2 more years and then move on....  once again.... JMHO..

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, twofittyonred said:

Mike Riley stays....  why..?  Because admin and boosters want Scott Frost and Scott Frost is staying put for right now.  Why chase a coach now only to watch the prodigal child slip through our hands in 2-3 years when he does decide to move up.  Riley stays... Langsdorf, Cavanaugh and Donte Williams gone....  JMHO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3txRySd2g4E

On 11/9/2017 at 2:33 PM, GSG said:

Got some bad news everybody...

I stopped to get a coffee on my way back to work this afternoon. The guy takes my order, I pay, then he asks "Do you want extra guacamole on that?" I said, "absolutely." Then the fu&*#r looks me dead in the eye and says, "Mike Riley is staying at Nebraska for another year."

I hit 2 old ladies and a dog as I raced out of the parking lot.

giphy.gif

You put guac on your coffee?

• Plus1 1