Poll: When to fire Riley (In Your Opinion)

When should Moos fire Riley? (In Your Opinion)  

202 members have voted

1. 1. When should Moos fire Riley?

• Yesterday. Or, As Soon As Possible.
    • Let him finish the season. Fire him right after Black Friday, as is Husker tradition. Or for another reason. Like recruiting.
    • I'm not 100% sold on firing Riley.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2017 at 08:24 PM

34 minutes ago, Kiyoat Husker said:

Apologies if this has already been covered.  I have avoided the Football forum lately due to extreme sadness and depression.  I have not frequented the politics forum lately due to extreme sadness and depression.

My take: I would like Riley fired now for the completely selfish and irrational reason that I want to look forward to something Husker Football-related.  And because Trump isn't going to be impeached any time soon either, so I may as well have my pound of flesh.

I was going to come up with lots of witty choices, but at this point there really are basically three options IMHO.

On a side note for your sig...we have confirmation that the bits of broken chair was at the game but sadly it didnt go home with us.

I'd talk to Riley.  Work out some type of buy out i.e. We will jointly announce your retirement this week.  You still get a great pay day and leave at the end of the season (not as much as firing, but dignity has a price) Still coach and see what you can do.  Go out on your terms.  Ride off into the sunset at a perfect .500 being 19-19..... 

NU shows we are professional.  NU gets to write the dialogue and the public relations stuff.  Settles the masses, maybe even helps recruiting as kids will want to see who we hire.  Especially with early signing.  Might make a few hold off until they hear the new coach.  Also allows NU to be more transparent/overt in coach search and possibly get new guy here to recruit in the short open period....

• Plus1 3

Like I said before...Riley was fired 3 years ago he just didn't know it.  Let him finish the season everything that needs to be done is being done as we speak.  If he wants to retire fine, but if not let him finish.  He sold his soul by firing Banker and Reed his two BFF's...he sold his soul when he hired Billy D only to find out he was actually hiring another boss that would tell him things he had to do...Let the guy finish, it doesn't matter or change anything.  Maybe he pulls an upset, maybe he beats Iowa on Senior Day and gets to have "that moment"

Edited by teachercd
  • Plus1 2
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Like I said before...Riley was fired 3 years ago he just didn't know it.  Let him finish the season everything that needs to be done is being done as we speak.  If he wants to retire fine, but if not let him finish.  He sold his sole by firing Banker and Reed his two BFF's...he sold his sole when he hired Billy D only to find out he was actually hiring another boss that would tell him things he had to do...Let the guy finish, it doesn't matter or change anything.  Maybe he pulls an upset, maybe he beats Iowa on Senior Day and gets to have "that moment"

He also sold his soul, not just his soles.

• Plus1 1

Can someone please explain to me what is the reason for waiting at this point! It does not seem like Riley is making any difference at this point. May be if they fired him right away, that will light some fire under the team and make them play hard to prove their worth for the next coach, whoever that may be. Leaving Riley as head coach will only prolong everyone’s suffering. I am sure he has no idea how to fix things. He just lacks the integrity to step down because he wants to continue getting the money to finance his retirement. He has no intention nor has the ability to coach this team to a victory. So, WHY KEEP HIM? We are losing recruits every day with loses like these. Losing to a 4-5 Minnesota team who scored 54 points on us is as low of a point as anyone can expect.

• Plus1 1