The Democrat Utopia

15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Don’t pretend Democrats quickly moved on.   They didn’t.  Unless you think 6 years and still playing the illegitimate card, still blaming the Supreme Court 22 years later, is “quickly moving on”.   I mean, if that’s the case, we still have 21 more years to blame ballot harvesting for the 2020 election.  

Huge f#&%ing difference between "remembering" the incongruities of the 2000 and 2016 elections, and making the totally unfounded claims of a stolen 2020 election the defining litmus test of your party. The Big Lie features a President who tried to subvert the Democratic process in the ugliest ways imaginable, and might still get away with it. It's not even close. 

You're in the party that currently stars Donald Trump, Matt Gaetz, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Madison Cawthorne, Laurene Bobert, and Louie Gohmert among some of the most willfully stupid Americans ever to hold office. In 21 years, you will still owe America an apology. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Huge f#&%ing difference between "remembering" the incongruities of the 2000 and 2016 elections, and making the totally unfounded claims of a stolen 2020 election the defining litmus test of your party. The Big Lie features a President who tried to subvert the Democratic process in the ugliest ways imaginable, and might still get away with it. It's not even close. 

You're in the party that currently stars Donald Trump, Matt Gaetz, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Madison Cawthorne, Laurene Bobert, and Louie Gohmert among some of the most willfully stupid Americans ever to hold office. In 21 years, you will still owe America an apology. 

Nice spin.  You should run for office.

the Congresspeople you mentioned get all the attention and oxygen because the national media gives it to them. And you of a people understand why.  

Some of those same Dem’s crying a river about not verifying an election are the same ones who voted to not certify an election in years past.  Sometimes multiple times.  Hmmmmm….

in 21 years, God willing I’m still alive, I won’t have s#!t to apologize for regarding any votes.   But it will be fun thinking about how much you wish it so.  

• Plus1 2
38 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Nice spin.  You should run for office.

the Congresspeople you mentioned get all the attention and oxygen because the national media gives it to them. And you of a people understand why.  

Some of those same Dem’s crying a river about not verifying an election are the same ones who voted to not certify an election in years past.  Sometimes multiple times.  Hmmmmm….

in 21 years, God willing I’m still alive, I won’t have s#!t to apologize for regarding any votes.   But it will be fun thinking about how much you wish it so.  

Can you think of anything that compares to a President calling Secretaries of State in swing states and asking them to "find votes" however possible, convening party stalwarts and lawyers to hatch a plan for not certifying a legal election, urging followers to attack the Capitol to further prevent this process, and making The Big Lie the centerpiece of a loyalty test that currently dominates GOP candidates and narratives? JFC....that was a straight up coup attempt, and it's still going. 

Care to compare the Supreme Court stepping in to avoid a Florida recount in 2000 with the clown show of 2020 recounts and re-recounts based on absolutely no evidence?  And the millions of Republican voters who remain unconvinced?

Are you honestly going to blame the rise of alt right candidates like Greene, Bobert, Gaetz and Cawthorne on the national media, rather than the people who voted them into office over less insane Republicans, and the CPAC conventions and Mar-a-Lago events that treat them like superstars? 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Can you think of anything that compares to a President calling Secretaries of State in swing states and asking them to "find votes" however possible, convening party stalwarts and lawyers to hatch a plan for not certifying a legal election, urging followers to attack the Capitol to further prevent this process, and making The Big Lie the centerpiece of a loyalty test that currently dominates GOP candidates and narratives? JFC....that was a straight up coup attempt, and it's still going. 

If you don’t consider a President spying on and trying to derail a future Presidents campaign as something close to that then I don’t know what to tell you.  Not to mention a two year campaign afterwords to try and impeach a President because the spying didn’t work out so well.  So yep there’s that.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
43 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Are you honestly going to blame the rise of alt right candidates like Greene, Bobert, Gaetz and Cawthorne on the national media, rather than the people who voted them into office over less insane Republicans, and the CPAC conventions and Mar-a-Lago events that treat them like superstars? 

There are over 200 Republican Congresspeople, yet they get all the oxygen from national news.  Why is that.  They get more press than McCarthy.  Why is that?   

• Plus1 2
28 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

There are over 200 Republican Congresspeople, yet they get all the oxygen from national news.  Why is that.  They get more press than McCarthy.  Why is that?   

147 of them voted to not certify the vote..including mccarthy.  

• Plus1 3
17 hours ago, commando said:

it used to be that there might be a few weirdos who would vote not to certify an election...now it's a very large portion of the republican party who votes that way.  the weirdos have taken over.

Even more terrifying, there are Americans affiliated with the party all over the US that follow these weirdos and consider their actions as truth telling and back them as candidates.

Jewish space lasers anyone?

And dear god, there are people in this world that still talk about "Obama spied on my boy Don"?  Any bit of respect I had for your differing opinions just went out the window.  You can't be that dumb. 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I would call Trump, Gaetz and MGT notorious.

I can’t put a face to Cawthorne or Gohmert, and Bobert only recently because of her comments about Omar.

For ‘stars’ or maybe best known, I would list Trump, DeSantis, Abbott, Noem, McCarthy, McConnell…maybe Graham, Cruz, Scott, Cheney

for Dems: Pelosi, Schumer, Warren, Sanders, Biden, Harris, Newsom, Cuomo,  AOC, Omar, Talib and Swalwell…maybe Feinstein, Booker

I suppose some are well known for the wrong reasons. I am sure I missed a few. Tried to go off the top of my head. I don’t like Politicians in general.

• Plus1 2

19 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

McCarthy is awful, too. He also gets a lot of publicity.

The bigger question is why isn't the nation news media covering the slew of Republicans stepping forward to condemn the cultish and anti-democratic behavior of the party's far-right showboaters? 

You also didn't address the fact that crazy talking Trump loyalists are winning their primaries and thus becoming news. 

• Plus1 2
19 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

If you don’t consider a President spying on and trying to derail a future Presidents campaign as something close to that then I don’t know what to tell you.  Not to mention a two year campaign afterwords to try and impeach a President because the spying didn’t work out so well.  So yep there’s that.  

Are you talking about the U.S. intelligence agencies informing the President of the United States that a candidate for President and his campaign functionaries were knee deep with shady Russian and Eastern European oligarchs and money launderers, and Barack Obama actually declined to publicize this for fear it would look like a ploy to help Hillary Clinton, and thus backfire?  Because that happened. And it has nothing to do with the Steele Dossier. Gonna have to break out of your conservative tropes on this one.

The Democrats did make some mistakes with those impeachments, which failed to paint the full picture of what made Donald Trump such a danger and disgrace. 

Bring me whatever you want, and neither the evidence nor the intent will come close to Trump's attempt to dismantle the democratic process in order to remain in power, which is still in force as an ongoing coup. As you may recall, Republicans spent 6 years and 100 resolutions preventing 30 million Americans from getting affordable healthcare, and 6 separate investigations into the Bengahzi attacks, which killed fewer Americans than the January 6 insurrection you'd prefer we put behind us. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2