The Democrat Utopia

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

It’s amazing how many people suddenly care about women’s swimming…

That’s what happens when a ridiculously unfair situation is presented as some kind of a solution.

IMO, there needs to be four classes of competition.

Men

Women

Trans Men

Trans Women

Letting trans women (biological men) compete against women is ludicrous. I don’t care what sport it is.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

That’s what happens when a ridiculously unfair situation is presented as some kind of a solution.

Men

Women

Trans Men

Trans Women

Letting trans women (biological men) compete against women is ludicrous. I don’t care what sport it is.

Come on, the documentary Ladybugs showed me that good things could come from a boy pretending to be a girl to help a squad of girls soccer players. 

• Haha 1
On 3/17/2022 at 3:07 PM, Archy1221 said:

Ro voted to impeach someone in 2018 for not sending weapons fast enough to Ukraine even though he didn’t actually want them sent.   

I think he actually voted to impeach someone in 2018 for engaging in an illegal quid pro quo.

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

This swimmer dominating as a woman, when she was average as a guy is an interesting situation.  I understand that being trans-gender is not an easy life for those who are going through it, and I can understand that they want to have the right to compete.  However, this trans-gender woman has an advantage over other women, based on her testosterone and overall physical make-up.  It's not a fair competition IMO, but I don't have an easy answer to this issue.

I agree it's not a fair competition, but how do you exactly solve the problem? Lebron James has an advantage over me and all other men based off of his physical make-up he was genetically born with and that's also not a fair competition. We're the same sex and gender so there's no inherent problem the same as there is for trans people, but it's messy business trying to find a way to codify a rule for this specific problem in a way that is fair and equitable.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I agree it's not a fair competition, but how do you exactly solve the problem? Lebron James has an advantage over me and all other men based off of his physical make-up he was genetically born with and that's also not a fair competition. We're the same sex and gender so there's no inherent problem the same as there is for trans people, but it's messy business trying to find a way to codify a rule for this specific problem in a way that is fair and equitable.

The problem is, they’re not truly the same sex and gender no matter what work they’ve had done or what they feel like or want to be. So it’s not at all like a man comparing themself to Lebron James. He’s better because he’s better not because he’s competing against something he is not.

I thought my solution was viable. Have a trans class for competition. May not be fiscally viable but it would solve the fairness issue.

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If you think trans women dominating sports is part of The Democrat Utopia, you'd be wrong. The complex issue is hotly debated within the LGBT community as well.  

There’s a lot of odd/s#!tty things you can lay at the door of the Republican Utopia, but letting men dominate women in women’s sports isn’t one of them. It fits here just fine.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

There’s a lot of odd/s#!tty things you can lay at the door of the Republican Utopia, but letting men dominate women in women’s sports isn’t one of them. It fits here just fine.

Just because someone says something isn't part of the Democrat Utopia doesn't mean that they're implying it's part of the Republican one.

The world isn't a binary defined by the two major american political parties lol.

• Plus1 3
15 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I don't think it's a 'utopia' for anyone.   It's a complex issue that has no good answers when there are only two genders in competitive sports.   Adding two more may be an option in the future, i don't see it having a space yet.  I can't see enough schools willing to offer it as a varsity sport to financially justify it and I don't think there are enough athletes that would be in the new categories to justify creating the new divisions.   So it creates a competitive imbalance, while it's having minor attention being drawn to it because of swimming, but lets face it, the eyes on swimming is so small, no one who makes decisions really cares.  It'll be interesting to see what will happen if a mid-major type talent basketball player does this and dominates women's college basketball.  That has more eyes, and at some schools is actually a revenue generating sport.   Imagine a player Derrick Walker becoming Dominique Walker and averaging a triple double leading her team to a national championship.   A lot more outrage will happen and more decisions will be made on how to handle trans athletes.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

This swimmer dominating as a woman, when she was average as a guy is an interesting situation.  I understand that being trans-gender is not an easy life for those who are going through it, and I can understand that they want to have the right to compete.  However, this trans-gender woman has an advantage over other women, based on her testosterone and overall physical make-up.  It's not a fair competition IMO, but I don't have an easy answer to this issue.

I’m pretty open minded on lots of things. But, I’m against trans women competing in women’s sports.  

• Plus1 3
16 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Just because someone says something isn't part of the Democrat Utopia doesn't mean that they're implying it's part of the Republican one.

The world isn't a binary defined by the two major american political parties lol.

I didn’t say it was, but there’s definitely a difference in how much each political party is pushing back on this kind of ridiculousness. I don’t doubt this Thomas guy feels like a woman, but that doesn’t make him a woman. And it definitely doesn’t give him the right to ruin the legitimacy of an entire sport, and make everything those women worked for throughout their young lives irrelevant.

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, funhusker said:

It’s amazing how many people suddenly care about women’s swimming…

Tends to happen when men compete as women 

3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Men

Women

Trans Men

Trans Women

That’s a common sense solution 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ya. This really isn’t that complicated of an issue 

It really isn’t. I don’t know a single person who thinks it’s okay for trans women to compete against women. And the only way a trans woman would think it’s okay is if they were in a serious state of denial or wanted the unfair advantage. There’s lots of stupid s#!t in this world but this deal is near top of the list.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1