The Democrat Utopia

16 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Worn just how Carhartt intended their product to be worn, I'm sure. :lol:

Carhartt makes a great hat, stocking hat, and comfortable/warm hoodies, so I won't be throwing out any of my Carhartt apparel. Their work pants, however, are more of a fit for this kind of "work". Dickies flex work pants are the way to go if you actually plan to work in them.

And that concludes your blue collar wardrobe advice for the day....

That's interesting and I'm sure Carhart doesn't probably care as long as people are buying lots of their clothing.

But, what does this have to do with Democrats?

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's interesting and I'm sure Carhart doesn't probably care as long as people are buying lots of their clothing.

But, what does this have to do with Democrats?

Oh, I highly doubt they do, and don't blame them for not caring. Now, I'm profiling here, but I'm fairly confident the folks in those pictures are Democrats.... And it's a funny/ironic circumstance as to why they're wearing Carhartt. Maybe I've misunderstood the theme of the two Utopia threads in the forum.

26 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Oh, I highly doubt they do, and don't blame them for not caring. Now, I'm profiling here, but I'm fairly confident the folks in those pictures are Democrats.... And it's a funny/ironic circumstance as to why they're wearing Carhartt. Maybe I've misunderstood the theme of the two Utopia threads in the forum.

Hot little housewives in my part of town have been wearing their husbands Carhartt jackets for the past couple of years.  Voting in my district strongly implies they are Republican.

I rarely wear my steel-toed boots, but one day I pulled out our my Timberlands to do some heavy yard work. I also cuffed my work jeans, because that's what I do with my work boots.

My kids couldn't believe it. Accused me of trying to be hip. I didn't know about Timberlands status in hip-hip culture, they were just my steel toed boots.

They did think I looked like an idiot for insisting on tying the laces. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I rarely wear my steel-toed boots, but one day I pulled out our my Timberlands to do some heavy yard work. I also cuffed my work jeans, because that's what I do with my work boots.

My kids couldn't believe it. Accused me of trying to be hip. I didn't know about Timberlands status in hip-hip culture, they were just my steel toed boots.

I have a pair that I occasionally wear to school on days where I'm moving equipment or materials.

The kids make fun of them because they are scuffed and dirty.

I then make fun of the kids that they are lazy and don't work hard enough to have scuffed WORK boots.  Clean boots stick out like a sore thumb on a jobsite...

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I guess I just don't understand why a democrat wearing carhartt is funny/ironic.  But....that's just me.  No problems.

40 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Hot little housewives in my part of town have been wearing their husbands Carhartt jackets for the past couple of years.  Voting in my district strongly implies they are Republican.

I'm sure somewhere there are women that could make Carhartt sexy....but, I haven't seem many.

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I guess I just don't understand why a democrat wearing carhartt is funny/ironic.  But....that's just me.  No problems.

I'm sure somewhere there are women that could make Carhartt sexy....but, I haven't seem many

I'm sure the fella in women's boots, holding a camera is a long time wearer of Carhartt work bibs.

42 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I was in the mall with my family a year or so back, and I had a college aged kid stop me on front of American Eagle and ask where I bought my boots. I told him Justin Boots, and he said he didn't realize they sold "distressed" boots like that. I chuckled, and let him know that I distressed my own boots. He got the joke/irony, we both lauhed, and I clutched my blue collar pearls as I walked away. :lol:

• Plus1 1