Craig Bohl

Herbie95

7 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Why say we have a backup plan, then not say who it is?

Campbell, his buyout is 9.5 mil I believe. Here is a way we can cut that down significantly.

Schedule a home and home with ISU in the future- around 2 million of the buyout is gone

Have Matt pay 2 mil toward the buyout, I think McElwain did this for Florida

That gets the buyout down to 5.5 mil

We pay Matt 5 mil a year and in total we pay 10.5 million instead of paying the 14.5 million to get him. Still a lot of money but it cuts down the buyout. We may also only have Matt pay 1.5 million or so toward the buyout, but that is a way around this big buyout to cut the cost. 

Edited by HuskermanMike

Bohl would be a terrible gut punch of a hire   The Riley hire was so disastrous, Moos now can not afford any so-so hire. He needs a big name. He needs someone who will excite a fan base that is disillusioned. 

This is not to denigrate Bohl. I think he’s a fine coach and light years better then Riley, but not here not now.  

All I can really say is at least he’s not Riley

Edited by olddominionhusker

I have a funny feeling that we might not get Frost because we are being so pushy and disrespectful to what Frost has going on right now with his current team, who is his only team right now!  We are not being patient enough.  If we want Frost, we need to just wait and get his answer.  One week ago, I was 99% sure we had Frost coming......now I am at 75%.  I think we are looking at other options right now.  We will have to be patient, but really don't know what to think right now.  Don't write off Bohl yet................??????

5 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

I have a funny feeling that we might not get Frost because we are being so pushy and disrespectful to what Frost has going on right now with his current team, who is his only team right now!  We are not being patient enough.  If we want Frost, we need to just wait and get his answer.  One week ago, I was 99% sure we had Frost coming......now I am at 75%.  I think we are looking at other options right now.  We will have to be patient, but really don't know what to think right now.  Don't write off Bohl yet................??????

Who knows who we are getting. If not Frost, I fear it is another WTH google hire......

1 hour ago, Nebhawk said:

Do you think we are the only ones interested in Frost?  No Bohl

22 minutes ago, BartonHusker said:

Would not surprise me at all if Bohl left Wyoming for Kansas State.  Since his old NDSU AD in Gene Taylor is at KSU now. 

I was hearing this early on this season, but read somewhere that Snyder is having a tussle with AD and wants his son Sean to take over next, other wise I think he might coach until he dies there!

On November 18, 2017 at 4:13 PM, brophog said:

Wyoming falls to Fresno. Should win next week, though.

They didnt. They lost to San Jose St, arguably the worst team in college football. Even after having two wins (the other being against a 1-10 Cal Poly), San Jose St ranks 126th in scoring offense and 127th in scoring defense out of 130 teams.