Keyshawn Jr. Gone if Riley is Fired?

2 hours ago, Edison's Enemy said:

I get the vitriol against Sr. I don’t agree with it, but I get it. It’s exactly what I would expect him to say. I don’t understand being upset that someone is who you thought they were.

All the hate towards Jr. should stop though. There’s more to that situation than what’s public. His “lack of definition”, the “drugs”, heading back home.

Do tell!

21 hours ago, Frost Advisory said:

We need to stop recruiting soft minded California kids.  That's not how we're gunna get Nebraska back to where it needs to be.  Gotta have tough kids with grit and attitude.  No big loss here.  I also lost all respect after he went after TA.  That kid gave every game his all.  What a great leader.  He was the only reason we even won 9 games last year.  This dude can go kick rocks.

I don't buy the 'soft-minded' Cali kid thing. That's just conjecture spattered around by guys like Jason Peter looking for a simple solution to a complex problem, in my opinion.

California has incredible talent. I think there are two bigger concerns - first, top tier Cali kids will stay out west. They're not going to come to Nebraska in most cases. Second, developing the second or third tier kids has been lacking around here for a long time. Lest we forget, LP was a 'California kid.' It all comes down to finding the right kid and developing him.

Keep this in mind, too. If a certain former Husker quarterback becomes Nebraska's head coach, guess where he has a lot of recruiting ties?

California.

22 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I have not researched this so I don't know how accurate it is. But perception to me feels like California kids are always rated as high as southeast kids. But they never seem to pan out- they do ok in the soft PAC 12. The only cali guy I can think of off the top of my head that was an all out stud was Phillips- as far as playing at Nebraska anyway. 

Yeah, Brenden Stai, Ralph Brown, Abdul Muhammad, Vince Ferragamo, Steve Taylor, Derek Brown.  Sure wish those guys hadn't wasted a scholarship, eh?

I mean what was Osborne thinking with guys like that on the team?

...I perceived this was said by Mr Johnson with a motive of intending to somehow leverage and influence the ADs decision...what arrogance..as if the Husker program will yield a thing to unproven, 17-18 young man who has done NOTHING in collegiate carreer...I guess the dad didn’t get memo, that max effort in practice optional, lax atmosphere is about to come crushing down and his son probably be weeded out by new coach anyway for being soft and undisciplined.

• Mavric changed the title to Keyshawn Jr. Gone if Riley is Fired?