Mavric

LB Javontae Jean-Baptiste [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cant knock the kid for waiting in case he has that "perfect school" that could come around and so he just leaves the door open in case.

Of course we want all the guys to be 100% N but I would rather he be honest than commit only to leave if someone else comes around.

Everything I have heard indicates he is leaning our way, but he can have his signing day moment and then be ready to work when he comes in.

• Plus1 1

Considering visiting Texas A&M this weekend.  Jimbo in-home tomorrow.

Fuente will also be in-home tomorrow.  Urban in-home Thursday.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

847E235B-CAF2-4497-8F9F-521D1AEC979A.gif

• Plus1 4

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Fuente scares me the most of the 3 at this point. 

20 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

it seems like the crystal balls irked him a bit.

Agreed that’s what it seems like and his tweet makes sense now.

• Plus1 1

"I love Nebraska"

- 17 CB's for Nebraska

"I hate Nebraska now that everyone knew I was gonna go there"

Hopefully this isn't actually the case.

30 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

"I love Nebraska"

- 17 CB's for Nebraska

"I hate Nebraska now that everyone knew I was gonna go there"

Hopefully this isn't actually the case.

If he is such a prima donna he is upset over Crystal Balls I think its safe to say that is not the culture Frost wants to build here. Not saying he is- but if that has anything to do with it. See Ya.

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Do you really think he's sitting at home just waiting for an epiphany to hit him?

Naaa....he knows where he wants to go.  He's waiting to signing day for drama.

This may or may NOT be true. I forget who it was, but there was a commit we just recently got that said his head was telling him to go one way (I think it was Miss. St.) and his gut was telling him to go the other (Nebraska). He was truly torn right up to a couple of hours before announcing that he went with his gut. There are a LOT of different (and sometimes conflicting) factors that go into a young man's choice and it is probably the most momentous decision that he will make in his relatively young life. It is pure hubris to think you know what is going on in his head, his motivations, fears, desires, and decision-making process. To assume it is because he loves drama could be correct, but is more likely either you are projecting OR just imputing a wrong motive.

As a side point, I would like to say that it would be neat if one of Scott Frost's ingredients to restoring Top Tier success to the Cornhusker football program would be by restoring the New Jersey connection to the Huskers: New Jersey a Hotbed for Producing NU Greats
Would love to see JBB lead that restoration.

Edited by cheekygeek
  • Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

If he is such a prima donna he is upset over Crystal Balls I think its safe to say that is not the culture Frost wants to build here. Not saying he is- but if that has anything to do with it. See Ya.

Not a knock on you but we need to stop with this "If you dont want us or if you have questions about coming here THEN WE DONT WANT YOU"

He is an 18 year old kid. Who knows what his tweet was about.. Probably about a girl or something stupid.

Again, not a knock on you because you arent the only one who does this. I made a comment about the RB Washington where i claimed I would prefer Henry because he wanted to play here. I think it is natural to want people to love this university like we do but forget that this decision is big time and they are allowed to be 18 year olds about it.

• Plus1 7

Sometimes people forget that these guys are probably getting 20 calls a night from either coaches/reporters/recruiting services...asking them questions.  So when they tweet something out, it might not just be that they are looking for attention it is just a quick easy way to let people know.

• Plus1 1

37 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

We should call Frost and tell him that we don't think this recruit is gonna jive with the culture he's promoting.  Should see his offer pulled in short order.

Sorry if my post was taken as his serious thoughts, that isn’t the case. Was more piggy backing off of previous posts by others.

Who knows what’s is going on right now, we aren’t in a bad spot though. Remember, the reason JJB is into us is because Frost has been recruiting him forever, that hasn’t changed.

5 hours ago, yort2000 said:

Maybe.  Or, maybe he is waiting to see if tOSU misses out on their few remaining higher targets and a spot opens up for him there. 

It’s been reported that OSU wants him and had spot for him, but JJB decided he wasn’t interested. Hopefully these reports were right. Would be a big addition. 

26 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Not a knock on you but we need to stop with this "If you dont want us or if you have questions about coming here THEN WE DONT WANT YOU"

He is an 18 year old kid. Who knows what his tweet was about.. Probably about a girl or something stupid.

Again, not a knock on you because you arent the only one who does this. I made a comment about the RB Washington where i claimed I would prefer Henry because he wanted to play here. I think it is natural to want people to love this university like we do but forget that this decision is big time and they are allowed to be 18 year olds about it.

My comment has nothing to do with whether he wants to be here or not. What I meant was if the insinuation are true about him talking to other schools because he didnt like the CB's favoring nebraska that is ridiculous. If you want to go to Nebraska then go to Nebraska. If you would look at other schools because your upset Steve Wiltfong put a CB in for Nebraska and you think the surprise is ruined. We dont need that kind of drama at Nebraska. That is a red flag for a toxic locker room guy.

• Plus1 2

Not saying this directly about JBB, but just in general for following recruiting all these years. Once the season is over and a recruit has had an OV with us and doesn't commit within 2 weeks I begin to worry. I still think we are the front-runner but time is always the worst enemy in these situations 

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

My comment has nothing to do with whether he wants to be here or not. What I meant was if the insinuation are true about him talking to other schools because he didnt like the CB's favoring nebraska that is ridiculous. If you want to go to Nebraska then go to Nebraska. If you would look at other schools because your upset Steve Wiltfong put a CB in for Nebraska and you think the surprise is ruined. We dont need that kind of drama at Nebraska. That is a red flag for a toxic locker room guy.

Except the comment you were discussing was made up by another poster.

You are reading way to far in to a pretty generic tweet. I dont think he would actually not come to Nebraska because a few CB's went that way. 

• Plus1 2

Just now, Minnesota_husker said:

Except the comment you were discussing was made up by another poster.

You are reading way to far in to a pretty generic tweet. I dont think he would actually not come to Nebraska because a few CB's went that way. 

Exactly. I was making a comment in response to the comment "possibly made up" by another poster. I did not personally read the tweet- I was making a comment in response to some other random message board guy. The intention being- if that is true that would be insane and we would not want a kid like that. I think my original comment was "if that has anything to do with it" Meaning it may not be true but if so no thanks.

Sounds like mis-understanding between the 2 of us 

53 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I just want to say LOL at grown men bitching about how or when an 18 year old decides to commit to a college.

Somebody should tweet at him.....

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

I just want to say LOL at grown men bitching about how or when an 18 year old decides to commit to a college.

I just want to say LOL also.  I might even laugh. :D

39 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

:)

Whatcha got?

Wednesday is coming soon, your prediction of him committing. I know it has no inside info, but man how unlucky to guess and then the next day he is reconsidering.

30 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Whatcha got?

Wednesday is coming soon, your prediction of him committing. I know it has no inside info, but man how unlucky to guess and then the next day he is reconsidering.

His latest tweet has to be about the recruiting process.

8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

From everything I've heard, he likes Nebraska - a lot - but he didn't fall in love with Nebraska, which is why there's still a crack in the door.

If true, it is a little too late to be waiting to fall in love. 

16 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

From everything I've heard, he likes Nebraska - a lot - but he didn't fall in love with Nebraska, which is why there's still a crack in the door.

AC46D3AC-6407-4399-90BF-0C4EEFD0BAE4.gif

• Plus1 4

5 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

I made some popcorn.   Now I'm reading this thread. 

Just now, ADS said:

Going to need a tweeter pro to decipher that for us.

Wasn't the old staff using the black flag emoji?

My guess is that he's  :bigredn:

10 minutes ago, GSG said:

Wasn't the old staff using the black flag emoji?

My guess is that he's  :bigredn:

I don't think it was the staff, so much as the recruits using it.  Tyjon used it.  An article from "Land of ten" said this: "If you’ve seen the small black flag emoji that recruits use, that was something Radley-Hiles started."

I still don't know the meaning of it, though.  It's a relatively new emoji.

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/brendan-radley-hiles-mike-rileys-greatest-sign-nebraska

40 minutes ago, ADS said:

Going to need a tweeter pro to decipher that for us.

I think it just means he is putting a lot of thought into his decision.  it is a big decision and once he signs he can't change his mind.

19 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

It's the never ending cycle of recruiting. 

11 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Well I notice the little guy in his tweet is walking away from the black flag. 

That's because "there is no going back". He made his decision (a black flag, presumably representing his commitment to the "blackshirts"), and he will not be revisiting the issue.

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

That's because "there is no going back". He made his decision (a black flag, presumably representing his commitment to the "blackshirts"), and he will not be revisiting the issue.

No interviews. 

• Plus1 3

44 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I thought the last staff used the White flag?

Wait, that was just on the field.... Never-mind.

mO9ccs9.gif

1 hour ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

What if the flag represented Blacksburg?