Frost's Contract

Mavric

14 hours ago, ladyhawke said:

Big deal!  It's about time Nebraska opened up their stingy pocketbook and got a real football coach that cares about the state of this program!  I say you get what you pay for and we've got ourselves a winner.  GBR!!!

I'm not real sure this is what it was about.  When one takes into account what is going on in college football, it makes more sense.  With salaries spiraling upward and out of control, it makes more sense to offer a long term deal now rather than take a chance five years from now it could double.  This is more than likely why Jimbo was given a ten year deal with A&M.

6 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

I'm not real sure this is what it was about.  When one takes into account what is going on in college football, it makes more sense.  With salaries spiraling upward and out of control, it makes more sense to offer a long term deal now rather than take a chance five years from now it could double.  This is more than likely why Jimbo was given a ten year deal with A&M.

I think it's part of it where the fans are concerned. Every time we go for a new coach people write in on this board and complain about what a tight wad our administration has been when spending money on a football coach. This time the fans can't complain. (I agree with you where Scott is concerned.   The money means little to Scott except where his assistants are concerned.  Giving him a longer contract in my opinion,  is really a pledge of trust to Scott & Co. by the administration.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

Oh absolutely.  Even at Nebraska, where he's pulling down 5 million a year...

When we take into account: a) how much money we receive from the Big 10, b) how much money the football team generates from home games, ticket sales, concessions, apparell, etc...5 million a year is a drop in the proverbial bucket.

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Mavric said:

TBD: is Nebraska underpaying or Alabama overpaying?

Essentially the entire NU staff got a raise coming to Lincoln from Orlando.  So the pay gap between Alabama and UCF would be even larger I assume.  I know it's not in a vacuum, but the UCF/Nebraska staff found ways to beat teams that Alabama couldn't.  My opinion: most D1 college coaches are way overpaid, NFL too****.

***I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan and got sucked into "All or Nothing: Dallas Cowboys" on Amazon.  I don't have a problem with Jason Garrett, but after watching five episodes I'd be okay with him being fired.  The assistants appear to do all the work.  Garrett "handles' Jerry and gives speeches that involve the same message with a few different words before and after games.  I get there is pressure to perform or lose your job, welcome to the real world...