OT Bryce Benhart [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

80 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Benhart Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Nebraska

The Murphinator,seaofred92,obert1,Young Grand Island Husker,Husker_luver,Wunderkind,84HuskerLaw,HS_Coach_C,yort2000,Mavric,Roger Dorn,Bball1091,LumberJackSker,r06ue1,Treand3,knapplc,KazLongDrives300,The Cornfather,Lonestar_Husker,1HuskrFan,bugeater17,huskersrule95,Huskr25,Eric the Red,GSG,husker_fan_from_sweden,TherealTomOsborne,Snowbird,HuskerzFanatik,Dogs In A Pile,broganreynik,HuskerInLostWages,AZRaiderH8r,Throw Dem Bones,Cornfed,Hedley Lamarr,Huskers44,HuskerNBigD,Puud,Calvin,Thanks_Tom RR,Redux,Touchdown Tommie,runningblind,JimmyBuckets,PattyG,CMT1525,Husker from Kansas,doctorboom,brophog,Minnesota_husker,StPaulHusker,ATLHusker,AlaSker,The Scarlet Pimpernel,Norhusker

15 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

I mentioned LT because that is what both Michigan and Wisconsin were recruiting him for.  I probably jumped the gun thinking the same. 

He very well could play both sides before he's done. 

In any case, obviously massive not only because he has amazing potential, but the last remaining piece for this offense were offensive linemen that can contribute early and at his size that's a legit possibility.

18 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

I mentioned LT because that is what both Michigan and Wisconsin were recruiting him for.  I probably jumped the gun thinking the same. 

Sometimes it’s just a stepping stone...

Jaimes is doing a pretty nice job and will continue to get better. Would be hard to move him from LT to RT his Junior year if he’s the best man for the job.

• Plus1 1

Benhart announced his commitment Sunday night, marking a major victory for the future of NU’s offensive line and coach Scott Frost’s staff. He is the nation’s No. 187 overall prospect, according to the 247Sports composite service and held offers from the likes of Wisconsin, Michigan, Oklahoma and more.

The Huskers beat them all, father Gene Benhart said, because of their coaches.

“They’re real people,” said the elder Benhart, who played in the NFL and played and coached at Western Illinois. “There’s no pressure. They tell you how it is. They need Bryce. They want Bryce.”

And Frost made sure the Benharts knew it. In January, he took the lead on Benhart’s recruitment. Offensive line coach Greg Austin built a relationship, too.

“Obviously, it meant a lot to Bryce,” said Gene Benhart, who spoke Sunday night because his son was unavailable.

OWH

• Plus1 4

I'm extremely excited about Bryce. I know the hope (maybe expectation) is for him to come in and start. He is lower rated than John Raridon when he came in. Is there any chance we are jumping the gun and he still may need some time? I recognize the frames are entirely different. Just curious about how realistic these expectations are for him.

33 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

I'm extremely excited about Bryce. I know the hope (maybe expectation) is for him to come in and start. He is lower rated than John Raridon when he came in. Is there any chance we are jumping the gun and he still may need some time? I recognize the frames are entirely different. Just curious about how realistic these expectations are for him.

I would say it's safe to say Raridon either hasn't worked hard enough or was overrated. Hopefully there is still hope he could be a 1 or 2 year guy for us though.