Russia

1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

This is neat https://liveuamap.com/

Biden tried to stop the leases that had already been agreed upon and lost.  It was a repeat of Obama-Biden where they stopped drilling on public land and then tried to take credit for the drilling on private land (which they couldn't stop). 

With whom can one buy nuclear stock anymore?  A uranium mining co?

He’s sold more leases than Trump. 

17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

He’s sold more leases than Trump. 

Yet our production is down? We decided we would import instead? Businesses are not buying them up do to cost, regulations? Has the approval time increased? I am honestly confused. Businesses must have decided its not worth the effort. 

I started reading Cruz' new bill he introduced for energy independence but it started to referring to other bills and I lost interest. I also started to look at Biden’s executive orders but there were 77 of them so I lost interest again. Leases are just one piece. I suspect there are other reason our production is down.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, nic said:

Yet our production is down? We decided we would import instead? Businesses are not buying them up do to cost, regulations? Has the approval time increased? I am honestly confused. Businesses must have decided its not worth the effort. 

I started reading Cruz' new bill he introduced for energy independence but it started to referring to other bills and I lost interest. I also started to look at Biden’s executive orders but there were 77 of them so I lost interest again. Leases are just one piece. I suspect there are other reason our production is down.

Our production is only down from 2019. It’s up from any other year and coming back from the pandemic year. 

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Our production is only down from 2019. It’s up from any other year and coming back from the pandemic year. 

Psaki said 10% of our imports come from Russia. I am seeing 7% in 2020. I think we can shut that off and buy more from our neighbors, until we can just supply ourselves the extra. Might be temporarily painful, but I am in.

1 minute ago, nic said:

Psaki said 10% of our imports come from Russia. I am seeing 7% in 2020. I think we can shut that off and buy more from our neighbors, until we can just supply ourselves the extra. Might be temporarily painful, but I am in.

We can supply ourselves with all the oil we want, we just don't do it.