Russia

36 minutes ago, nic said:

It’s refreshing to watch Putin’s war implode on him. I never thought the war would end in Ukraines favor when it started, but they may actually get back territory lost before this round.  Russia may also find a new leader. Remarkable.

One can only hope this occurs 

36 minutes ago, nic said:

It’s refreshing to watch Putin’s war implode on him. I never thought the war would end in Ukraines favor when it started, but they may actually get back territory lost before this round.  Russia may also find a new leader. Remarkable.

No offense to you, but I think this is delusional.

I think the only way Putin actually loses this war is if NATO actually gets involved. Ukraine is his last stand, a holdover from promises that NATO wouldn’t ever go so far east after the fall of the Soviet Union.

He will fight tooth and nail and keep going.

28 minutes ago, Undone said:

I think the only way Putin actually loses this war is if NATO actually gets involved. Ukraine is his last stand, a holdover from promises that NATO wouldn’t ever go so far east after the fall of the Soviet Union.

There is the danger of him getting very desperate and using WMDs, but if reports are true, Russians are turning on this war, moral is rock bottom in his military. Maybe it ends with Donbas and Crimea as part of Russia, but I hope that is the worst case. Perhaps it's misplaced, but I have hope.

1 hour ago, nic said:

There is the danger of him getting very desperate and using WMDs, but if reports are true, Russians are turning on this war, moral is rock bottom in his military. Maybe it ends with Donbas and Crimea as part of Russia, but I hope that is the worst case. Perhaps it's misplaced, but I have hope.

I certainly hear you on “having hope.” My hope is that the U.S. government leads the way in trying to bring about peace negotiations.

3 hours ago, Undone said:

I don't think it's delusional to think Russia won't win the war, although it depends what you think win means. I think win means taking the country and keeping it. They can't even hold 20% of it right now and they're recruiting geriatrics and expanding their draft. I find it unlikely they will win. Now if a win means taking and keeping Donbass, Luhansk, and Crimea, and Ukraine signs some kind of treaty accepting that, I'd guess there's a 75% chance that will happen. And I wouldn't call the 25% chance delusional.

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, Undone said:

I certainly hear you on “having hope.” My hope is that the U.S. government leads the way in trying to bring about peace negotiations.

Peace negotiations with Putin? He will never honor any agreement and any agreement he would faux agree on would include land he stole from Ukraine.

His military is reeling now.  To stop now is to allow him to reconstitute his forces and regroup for another try.  Did we not learn anything from the appeasement of Hitler after he invaded the Sudetenland?  

"Peace for our time"?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

:yeah

I love how direct the Fins can be. She sounds just like Kimi Raikkonen the F1 driver. Reporter: "Kimi you missed the presentation by Pele, will you get over it?" Kimi: "Yeah, I was having a s#!t."

• Haha 1

Remember all the MAGAs who wrote off the Ukrainians and said we shouldn't help supply them with arms because defeat was inevitable.  Then when things took a turn in Ukraine's favor they wanted to stop everything and negotiate with a rogue murderous fascist dictator?   :facepalm:

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1