Russia

20 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Very good & insightful interview with Fiona Hill on Russia/Ukraine/Putin's mindset.  She is one smart lady.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/10/17/fiona-hill-putin-war-00061894

I think her greatest skill is being able to communicate very complex, difficult historical information in a succinct understandable way to the rest of us.  Top notch.  Thanks for sharing this.

21 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I think her greatest skill is being able to communicate very complex, difficult historical information in a succinct understandable way to the rest of us.  Top notch.  Thanks for sharing this.

Agreed.  She does a great job of tying in past European history to what is going on currently in Russia.   I always felt that a great history teacher (my undergrad major was in History) is one who can make the past relative and applicable to the now. 

11 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

We'll see but it wouldn't be surprising to see Russia pull the nuke card now and blame it on Ukrainian terrorists.  

This is clearly a set up so that Russia can use one and blame it on Ukraine.  I was trying to not believe that Russia would do this.....till they started saying this stuff.  Now, it's clear they are considering it.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, commando said:

things must be really bad for russia

Same old song and dance from Vlad. Get everyone together at the table for "negotiations". Set some unreasonable expectation that they know the West and Ukraine will not acquiesce to. Then say it's the West that is being unreasonable, not Russia. War continues on. Rinse, lather, repeat!

• TBH 1

I can't face palm the idiocy of this enough.  :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Let's stop while a verified war criminal is reeling so that we can get some feels good about "peace" and allow said war criminal to reconstitute his forces for another assault on a sovereign democratic country.  Nevermind the billions we already spent helping to put the war criminal on rubber legs street.  

Then there's the timing of it.  

14 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I can't face palm the idiocy of this enough.  :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Let's stop while a verified war criminal is reeling so that we can get some feels good about "peace" and allow said war criminal to reconstitute his forces for another assault on a sovereign democratic country.  Nevermind the billions we already spent helping to put the war criminal on rubber legs street.  

Then there's the timing of it.  

Just as the Ukrainians are making gains.  Time to crush what Russia is doing and not give them a way of escape.   Terrible timing.  I wonder how many Russian bots were sending encouraging words to these Democrats much less to the GOPers who are already backing away.  

• TBH 1