Russia

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It still amazes me that there are people who are outraged that our intelligence agencies would investigate/ surveille a government official where there is suspiscion that he/she is connected secretly to a foreign power.

I mean.....isn't that kind of their job?

So...should we also be outraged over the fact they investigated enough to find the guy who was selling nuclear submarine secrets to China?  How dare they spy on an American.

I am not outraged …yet. As I mentioned in another thread, this will likely go nowhere whether it should or not. The WSJ mentioned a Clinton lawyer was involved in this filing not the DOJ. Hillary was SoS, right? Not the Attorney General. Seems odd to me, and when I read the lead in the WSJ I couldn’t help but think of Watergate. Different motives for sure.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, nic said:

I am not outraged …yet. As I mentioned in another thread, this will likely go nowhere whether it should or not. The WSJ mentioned a Clinton lawyer was involved in this filing not the DOJ. Hillary was SoS, right? Not the Attorney General. Seems odd to me, and when I read the lead in the WSJ I couldn’t help but think of Watergate. Different motives for sure.

Clinton has been a favorite target of the GOP for 25 years. At some point in the Fox/Far-Right universe, doesn't she need to be actually found guilty of something for people to keep falling for this? 

• Plus1 4
52 minutes ago, nic said:

I'm not saying you are outraged, but some people are.

In the twitter thread @knapplc posted, it mentions the questions around the Clinton lawyer.  Sure...OK.  But, if the Clinton people were behind this for nefarious reasons, wouldn't you think they would do a better job of hiding it?

If they were really scheming to use their power to get Trump....they suck at it.

49 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Clinton has been a favorite target of the GOP for 25 years. At some point in the Fox/Far-Right universe, doesn't she need to be actually found guilty of something for people to keep falling for this? 

No way she is ever found guilty of anything….guilty or not.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not saying you are outraged, but some people are.

In the twitter thread @knapplc posted, it mentions the questions around the Clinton lawyer.  Sure...OK.  But, if the Clinton people were behind this for nefarious reasons, wouldn't you think they would do a better job of hiding it?

If they were really scheming to use their power to get Trump....they suck at it.

One would think so, but I sense more and more that politicians think they are untouchable. 

14 minutes ago, nic said:

One would think so, but I sense more and more that politicians think they are untouchable. 

They'll continue to think that until their own side holds them accountable. But when the GOP actively tries to steal a legal American election, yet suffers no loss of polling popularity, they really are untouchable. 

• Plus1 3

Good thing the adults are back in charge at the WH!  Those four years of peace were awful.   

Wonder why Putin is acting this way now?   We were all told he had his stooge in place from 2016-2020.  Why wouldn’t he have done all this then?  Maybe everyone was talking about the wrong stooge?  The one who, along with his Boss, told Romney to get out of the 80’s when talking Russia?  

• Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Good thing the adults are back in charge at the WH!  Those four years of peace were awful.   

Wonder why Putin is acting this way now?   We were all told he had his stooge in place from 2016-2020.  Why wouldn’t he have done all this then?  Maybe everyone was talking about the wrong stooge?  The one who, along with his Boss, told Romney to get out of the 80’s when talking Russia?  

Russia has been fighting Ukraine for what...8 years now?   it went on all through the trump administration but trump didn't care much as he was trying to dismantle NATO much to Putins delight.    Trump also said that Russia had every right to annex Crimea from Ukraine.   Russia had it easy when trump was in charge.  now Russia has to mass their troops to finish their invasion of Ukraine because the US and Europeon countries are sending support to the people of Ukraine.  his shadow army isn't powerful enough to finish the job now.    it got much tougher for him now and it will cost him a lot of blood and economic sanctions.   if i had to predict the future i think Putin will invade all of the Ukraine, then do everything in his power to get Trump or another of his stooges over here back in office to end the sanctions again and get US  permission to formally annex the rest of Ukraine.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I truly wish I could conjure my own reality and live in it like this guy. 

It's kind of funny but also sad that your party - with no platform, devoid of policy, deranged with conspiracy - is what we're stuck with. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I truly wish I could conjure my own reality and live in it like this guy. 

It's kind of funny but also sad that your party - with no platform, devoid of policy, deranged with conspiracy - is what we're stuck with. 

What is factually incorrect about my post?   What is your definition of reality then?  Cause what I posted is what actually happened.  

nothing you stated in your second paragraph has a to do with the current Ukrainian/Russian issue our country currently faces?  It’s just another “hey look over here” when confronted with the Reality of a Joe Biden presidency and where it has taken us.  That way you don’t have to discuss the actual issues of the people actually in charge.  

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Oh good god, that’s what the republican talking machine is spewing out?