Sam Keller vs Tanner Lee

Favorite/Least favorite QB's- Sam Keller vs Tanner Lee?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Keller and Lee were both class acts who were unfairly blamed for the struggles of their teams, who did pretty much everything right as far as the public could see, and who put their bodies on the line for this team every weekend. 

Keller had better wins and better numbers, but Lee probably had a worse coaching staff and line/skill players surrounding him.  Lee looked better throwing the ball, though.

• Plus1 3

Just now, Making Chimichangas said:

As far as I am concerned, Nebraska football from 2000-2017 can be wadded up into a ball and thrown into the Bermuda Triangle. 

In addition to knapp's sentiment about how weird it is that people can so easily trash on former players, I also find it bonkers when people want to just pretend like the not-so-good years never happened. I think this is somewhat in jest, but the pleasant feelings of fans only remembering the good times aren't as important as respecting all the players that came through here and devoted 1-6 years to this program and gave more to the team that we love than we ever will. 

You can't have the good without the bad. 

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Why are either of those players despised? Once a Husker always a Husker right? And what did they do to us other than allow themselves to be recruited to NU by substandard coaching staffs?

Word around campus in 07 was that Keller was a cocky party boy snortin his way around town til he became a famous NFL star. No idea why Lee would be despised (or if those rumors were true at all about Keller), but that was the story with Keller at least.

21 minutes ago, Number12 said:

Word around campus in 07 was that Keller was a cocky party boy snortin his way around town til he became a famous NFL star. No idea why Lee would be despised (or if those rumors were true at all about Keller), but that was the story with Keller at least.

Never heard this. Seems unlike the guy we saw in games and on the sidelines after his injury. And as we see in this very thread, Sam Keller is smeared because people want to blame him for their video game getting taken away.

• Plus1 1

I'm married and have kids now.  I don't have glory days of a College Football career to fondly look back on.  I have this board, and a copy of NCAA 15 on PS3.  AND SAM KELLER TOOK PLAYING A NEE VERSION ON PS4 AWAY FROM ME DADGUMMIT!!!!!  

Edited by Redux
15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Never heard this. Seems unlike the guy we saw in games and on the sidelines after his injury. And as we see in this very thread, Sam Keller is smeared because people want to blame him for their video game getting taken away.

Like I said, I never saw the guy but as a student that year that was the rumor.