2018 TV Schedule Predictions

33 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I don't think many people outside of Alabama or Kentucky will be watching that ABC game past halftime, if not earlier. I'd expect Alabama to be up like 41-3 at halftime against a mediocre Louisville team without Lamar Jackson.

16 minutes ago, Hans Gruber said:

I don't think many people outside of Alabama or Kentucky will be watching that ABC game past halftime, if not earlier. I'd expect Alabama to be up like 41-3 at halftime against a mediocre Louisville team without Lamar Jackson.

Are a lot of non-Nebraska fans going to watch our game past halftime when we're up 41-3 at halftime against Akron?

:koolaid2:

• Plus1 2

7 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Are a lot of non-Nebraska fans going to watch our game past halftime when we're up 41-3 at halftime against Akron?

:koolaid2:

Fair point. Let me ask this another way. ABC/ESPN has been the king of college football for 20 years, maybe longer. Why did they pick that game as their spotlight prime time game of opening weekend? They should have picked Washington and Auburn. 

Of of all of Alabama's neutral site season openers since Saban took over, this is the biggest mismatch on paper.

And at least with Nebraska it's the chance to see something new and different. (Clearly Alabama's game is going to get better ratings though.)

• 1 month later...

3 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

The responses I saw were VERY bizarre.  It's college football, man... C'mon!  Night games make for some really epic games.

I think the B1G plays morning games is a thing other schools like. Myself, and the rest of non big ten college football fans I think, love night games.

I am over night games.  Give me 2:30...perfect.  Night games are tough when it comes to the pacing of the day, especially if you are going to Lincoln.  

Heck, I even enjoy an 11am game at times but you really have to figure out how to plan it all out.  Most bars don't open until 10am for games and watching games at home is usually pretty boring.