** 2018 Opponent Previews: Ohio State (Game 9) **

9 hours ago, Chadhusker said:

If urban is done. I think that will be the end of Ohio state for awhile. 

Think it can go a number of ways, but Ohio State deserves some benefit of the doubt without Urban Meyer.  They ran through the B1G for much of the century.  Jim Tressel finished outside the Top-5 just three times as head coach, one of those times still being in the Top-10.

• Plus1 1

The media isn't going to drop this one for some time.  Urban is too big of a story for them at a time when they don't have any other drama to chase.  I also can see where the NCAA could take issue with the title IX violations with him and his wife.  Ohio State could be held accountable as an organization.  I honestly have a hard time seeing Urban coaching a major program again in the future.  Maybe Youngstown needs an assistant...  

1 hour ago, Hunter94 said:

if they can prove urban knew of all this way back in 2009..............he is a goner. i believe the O coordinator will take over and OSU will be just fine.

What if not just Urban knew about this. At one point, I thought the battered wife said 'all' the coaches wives knew.  What if half the OSU staff has to walk because of this!?

25 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

What if not just Urban knew about this. At one point, I thought the battered wife said 'all' the coaches wives knew.  What if half the OSU staff has to walk because of this!?

Speculation is that's why one of the newer assistants, hired in 2017, was named the interim head coach.   May have to be a whole new staff next season

Just to pile on chuckleshuffle:

https://www.projectveritas.com/2018/08/02/an-unfair-game-urban-meyer-a-history-of-abuse/

Former NCAA athletes shed light on embattled coach’s abusive treatment of players in undercover videos
Xavier Nixon, OL: “They had a guy’s quads explode in the weight room… during what we call the Valentine’s Day Massacre.”
William Green, DE: “There was these mat drills, where people would literally get choked out.”
Gideon Ajagbe, LB: “A lot of what played into my depression was they humiliated me… they said I was a pu**y… “
Meyer’s players experienced “arm dangling,” “quads exploding” on Florida Gator team Urban Meyer threw objects at players “it’s a f*cking full bottle of Gatorade, and he’s chucking it at people.”

• 2 weeks later...

Suspended for three games. One of those does include their game against #16 TCU.

Suspension of three games seems weird. I guess they look at it as nothing illegal was done but he could have done more earlier. Worst things to me were the discussion of and deletion of texts older than one year from Meyer's phone after the scandal broke and his initial statements. Board concluded he wasn't deliberately lying but I'm not sure how...

2 minutes ago, HuskerPerson07 said:

Suspended for three games. One of those does include their game against #16 TCU.

Suspension of three games seems weird. I guess they look at it as nothing illegal was done but he could have done more earlier. Worst things to me were the discussion of and deletion of texts older than one year from Meyer's phone after the scandal broke and his initial statements. Board concluded he wasn't deliberately lying but I'm not sure how...

Suspended through Oregon State, but after that can return to coaching. Has a sideline ban against Rutgers and TCU. Can still coach during those weeks, though.

• Plus1 1