** 2018 Opponent Previews: Iowa (Game 12) **

31 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

What the heck?  Spread has gone up to 10 or more now.  What happened to change it by that much?

85% of bets are on Nebraska but the line swung to Iowa -10. I’m not an expert and maybe some can help us out but maybe this means the public is on Nebraska and the sharps are on Iowa with big cash?

Could see some hedging with bets back on Nebraska since it is at -10.

22 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Their offense is still pretty bad which is good for us but definitely not as abysmal as MSU.

Their offense looked pretty good to me last week. Granted, it was Illinois, but 63-0 against a conference opponent  these days is impressive. 

3 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Their offense looked pretty good to me last week. Granted, it was Illinois, but 63-0 against a conference opponent  these days is impressive. 

Agree. But Iowa’s offense only had 400 total yds in that 63 point drubbing so they had a lot of help from illinois. Not saying it wasn’t an all out beat down.

2 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Not really arguing with you, you have to be pretty good to do that.

But they had 400 yards of offense. The reason they scored that many points is their defense. The play-by-play on ESPN is pretty funny. 

Some of the drives: 39 yard drive for a TD, fumble returned for a TD, 11 yard drive for a TD, punt return TD, 20 yard drive for a TD.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
17 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

As others have said, 63 points looks good but digging deeper you see it wasn't Iowa's explosive offense creating these points. Don't get me wrong, they have an offense more capeable than MSU, but they just are not very explosive. Illinois has a more explosive offense if Corbin is playing. Iowa beats you other ways on offense and they are ok at that but still not great. Point being we can hold them under 28 and we need to.

• Fire 1

15 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

As others have said, 63 points looks good but digging deeper you see it wasn't Iowa's explosive offense creating these points. Don't get me wrong, they have an offense more capeable than MSU, but they just are not very explosive. Illinois has a more explosive offense if Corbin is playing. Iowa beats you other ways on offense and they are ok at that but still not great. Point being we can hold them under 28 and we need to.

I was just responding to your prior comment that Iowa’s offense is bad. They aren’t. They aren’t explosive, but they had their way against Illinois.  

Well the Huskers have most certainly progressed so the numbers don't tell everything.  Iowa lost to Northwestern by 4 ten days ago.  We of course lost by 3 last month right when we started to show visible signs of improvement.  They beat Minnesota by 17.  We did by 25.  They played better games against  Wiscy and Purdue than we did.

They'll have home field advantage obv.  This team (Huskers) is light years different from last years however as far as actually getting better as the season has progressed.  I just hope we don't have an emotional letdown after such an incredible and emotional game against Michigan State.

GBR