Huskers And The 2019 NFL Draft

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

No S&C, no coaching, no development, no accountability........No wonder we had no one drafted.  Frost inherited a complete dumpster fire.  I feel bad for the team, the state and fans who had to sit through mister .504 and his pathetic a$$ed attempt at coaching.  At least the kids got ice cream and Werther's originals...

And there were people who thought Riley should have been able to stick around to be an ambassador for the University/Athletic Department. What a joke. 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The last week events with the players transferring and no drafted players should highlight the rebuild job which Frost inherited. I have complete faith in Frost and his staff, but what he inherited was a complete joke of a football team. 

I wonder if the Huskers were in worse shape when Frost got there than the 0-12 team he took over?

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The last week events with the players transferring and no drafted players should highlight the rebuild job which Frost inherited. I have complete faith in Frost and his staff, but what he inherited was a complete joke of a football team. 

Agreed.  And hindsight being 20/20, with the transfer of players last year and this, new staff, new system, trying to do a culture flip etc, going 4-8 showed Frost and Co coaching skills.  Going 4-2 against the strength of the schedule was unbelievable.  

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

And there were people who thought Riley should have been able to stick around to be an ambassador for the University/Athletic Department. What a joke. 

I just threw up in my mouth!  

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, RedSavage said:

Maybe it’s my fandom but I honestly thought at least one of ozigbo or Morgan would be drafted, if not both.  And I’m obviously no nfl scout but they seemed like nfl guys to me.  Are they really not good enough or are they more a product of the overall team the last couple seasons?

Morgan is solid but not spectacular.  He is fairly slow (t-74 among wideouts at the Combine).  He is fairly short for a guy that slow.  While he has good hands, I'm sure the concern is how will he get open in the NFL.  He is a nice college receiver that doesn't project well to the next level.

Ozigbo is somewhat similar in that he's a solid college player but I don't think he projects well at the next level.  He worked his butt off in the last year and I credit him for that.  But he basically was in the right place at the right time.  He is a solid, steady player who was able to take advantage of our depth chart falling apart around him and he was the guy left to get a lot of the work.  And he had Frost's wizardry as a play-caller to get him a lot of room to work where he could rack up a lot of yards by simply running to daylight.

I'm glad both guys will still get their shot.  And I wish them nothing but the best.  But I'm not holding my breath for either of them.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

I think Frost uses this as a teaching moment.  As in "if any of you still want to do it your way or the old way, get the hell out"..  The old way ended a 56 year streak.  Even two of our best could get picked up.....Elon University had a kid picked up as did Sioux Falls....Frost inherited a sh!t show.  He was being kind saying the 0-12 Knights were in a lower point than the Huskers.....

Day by day.......

• Fire 1

The local media has been saying for a few years that it’s tough to get a good measure of the amount of talent on the NU roster when they see the same team week after week and year after year. Standouts for NU still may be average players when compared to the rest of college football. In all honesty, NU’s record for the past 15+ years would say the same thing.  It hit rock bottom the past few years, and it should show just how far NU has to go. I know that I look at the Red N on the helmet and expect 9-10 wins every year, and I take past success for granted. It used to be a well-oiled machine (The Big Red Machine), and Frost’s job is to get back to that machine. It just may be a bigger task than a lot of us expected. 

• Fire 1
20 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The local media has been saying for a few years that it’s tough to get a good measure of the amount of talent on the NU roster when they see the same team week after week and year after year. Standouts for NU still may be average players when compared to the rest of college football. In all honesty, NU’s record for the past 15+ years would say the same thing.  It hit rock bottom the past few years, and it should show just how far NU has to go. I know that I look at the Red N on the helmet and expect 9-10 wins every year, and I take past success for granted. It used to be a well-oiled machine (The Big Red Machine), and Frost’s job is to get back to that machine. It just may be a bigger task than a lot of us expected. 

For the most part, it looked like we we can move the ball. We need some athletes on defense. Osborne was notorious for taking freakishly athletic guys that would probably excel on offense and unleashing them as a Blackshirt. If/When we are near Pelini '09 level defense, then we'll have a shot at our division. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy said:

For the most part, it looked like we we can move the ball. We need some athletes on defense. Osborne was notorious for taking freakishly athletic guys that would probably excel on offense and unleashing them as a Blackshirt. If/When we are near Pelini '09 level defense, then we'll have a shot at our division. 

Frost’s scheme and play calling does move the ball and has improved the offense. However, to take the next step, the team needs to get better in the trenches, on both lines. I am excited for the future of the o-line, I just hope the d-line can follow suit. 

34 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Screen_Shot_2018-12-03_at_2.59.20_PM.jpg

Frost HC, Bo as Dc, and Solich as OC.