Re-Watching Games from Last year

I've have been re-watching the games from 97 and i'm sure that i'm sleeping better at night than anyone watching last years games.  Last season was the first year that i didn't re-watch every game and i can only recall 3 games that i could handle twice from Riley's final season.  

That 97 QB sure gets a person excited

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, Redux said:

You mean when the mismanaged team that couldn't get out of it's own way finally tripped over it's own feet and succumbed to a far better managed team that it hung with for 3 quarters and had no right to do so?

Zero question who the better team, better managed team and more prepared team was.  But as awful as we were, we still stayed in that game inexplicably for 3 quarters.  Yeah, we probably should have left with a W and had a monkey in a suit taken control of the team at the start of the 4th we very well may have.

The bold is a pretty big contradiction. And it's illogical to claim that a team that lost by 21 points should have won - the Huskers played well for almost 3 quarters but in the end got blown out.

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

I think some of you are severely underrating a few things when comparing old staff vs new staff.

Just messing with you earlier. A little “out of context “ humor.  I agree that we will improve vastly in a lot of not-so-obvious areas.  We finally will know what we want to do and then we’ll do it.  A big change from the past 10 years IMO. 

5 hours ago, RedDenver said:

The bold is a pretty big contradiction. And it's illogical to claim that a team that lost by 21 points should have won - the Huskers played well for almost 3 quarters but in the end got blown out.

Yeah, cause college football is so logical every week...

This is the first summer since 2008 that I didn't rewatch the previous seasons games over the summer. Everything about last season was just so wrong, that there's really nothing to be gleaned from it that will apply to this year. I have picked some random top games that I missed from the season to watch though. Also, BTN in 60 is pretty nice.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, ADS said:

Kind of hard to win a game when you give up 250 yards rushing to a single back.  Jonathan Taylor was not going to be stopped.

The TD he had almost immediately after the Morgan TD was embarrassing. A simple draw play that Chryst runs to run out the clock at the 1st half, and it goes for 6. 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

The games worth rewatching from the Riley Era:

2015 - Michigan State, UCLA

2016 - Oregon

2017 - Spring Game

Funny, but true. The Spring Game truly was the best that team would ever look. I was very excited about the possibilities before the regular season train wreck. 

• Plus1 1