The Trump Economy

• 2 weeks later...

Push me over wt a feather.    Tell me who is surprised that the tax cut didn't produce trump's booming economy - only short term results and corporations filling their bank accounts. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy/u-s-economy-misses-trumps-3-growth-target-in-2019-idUSKBN1ZT0CA

The 2.3% expansion last year reported by the Commerce Department on Thursday suggested the White House and Republicans’ massive $1.5 trillion tax cut package, which President Donald Trump had predicted would lift growth above 3%, had provided the economy only a temporary boost.

Moderate growth undercuts the argument by Trump and his fellow Republicans that strong growth would pay for the tax cuts, which are expected to help push the federal budget deficit to $1.02 trillion this year. Growth last year was the slowest since 2016 and followed the 2.9% notched in 2018.

White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow shrugged off the 2019 performance, telling Fox Business Network “it is a fundamentally healthy economy,” and expressed confidence that activity will accelerate this year, a view not widely shared outside the administration.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Push me over wt a feather.    Tell me who is surprised that the tax cut didn't produce trump's booming economy - only short term results and corporations filling their bank accounts. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy/u-s-economy-misses-trumps-3-growth-target-in-2019-idUSKBN1ZT0CA

I told a Trump supporter not too long ago that the economy isn’t growing faster than under Obama. 

I thought his head was going to explode. 

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I told a Trump supporter not too long ago that the economy isn’t growing faster than under Obama. 

I thought his head was going to explode. 

Stock price growth doesn't = economy growth.      One must also consider the weight of the increase debt load as well.  Our % of debt to GDP is much, much too high and we have a forecast of a trillion $$ deficit this year - at a time we are not involved in major war action or recovering from an economic crisis.  A great budget manager this trump guy - following his business plan- bankruptcy.

• Plus1 2

If you are middle class, your piece of pie is pretty small.  If lower class, you get no pie.

dokoupil-wealth-tax-cut-frame-3175.jpg

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/income-inequality-in-america-how-98-trillion-of-household-wealth-is-distributed/

The gap between rich and poor in America is the worst it's been in more than a half century. It's a concern cited by every leading Democratic presidential candidate in the 2020 election, but many may not realize what it actually means.

If a pie represented the estimated $98 trillion of household wealth in the United States, nine pieces, or 90% of the pie, would go to the wealthiest 20% in the country, according to a National Bureau Of Economic Research study of household wealth trends in the united states from 1962 to 2016. Out of those nine slices, four would go to just the top 1%.

The upper middle class and the middle class would share one piece, or about 10%, and the lower middle class would get .3% of the pie. The poorest Americans, people in the bottom 20%, wouldn't get any. On average, they are more than $6,000 in debt.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1