The Trump Economy

On 3/9/2020 at 8:20 PM, teachercd said:

Well...yeah...it is a future...

I don't think it will ever get under 2.00 dollars again but maybe!  

Not sure how it will impact flying BUT you might be able to find some cheap a$$ flights in May!

Not sure oil will be the reason flights are cheap. Have you looked around right now? COVID-19 has flight prices on the floor. 

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

Not sure oil will be the reason flights are cheap. Have you looked around right now? COVID-19 has flight prices on the floor. 

Oh yeah, no doubt about that...Delta said they are down like 10% on bookings (I think)...

It is crazy right now.

33 minutes ago, QMany said:

How I make my classes remember...

Bull horns go "up"

Bear claws go "down"

• Plus1 4

Just now, ZRod said:

@FrantzHardySwag It's equal parts inspiring, disgusting, and amusing. It's basically the old internet we all love.

I remember one post from a guy who had quit his job and lost an insane amount of money, asking for advice - the advice was half “throw all your money into Tesla” and half “delete the robinhood app you idiot”. But you’re correct it’s quite entertaining. 

I have no problem declaring Trump's faults where he has faults, but you really can't fault him for this one. He could have taken steps to stabilize things, and yeah, he shouldn't have been burning the interest rate safety net for dubious gains in the past year or two, but a pandemic isn't something anyone is going to have control over.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

My 16 year old son sold five of his ten shares of Tesla last month and pocketed $3,500. 

But I still give him lunch money. 

Smart to hold onto 5 of them. If I were him I'd pick some more up and hold on until after the Cybertruck hits the market. They are also developing their own batteries now so chances are that stock will just keep going up over the long haul

8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I have no problem declaring Trump's faults where he has faults, but you really can't fault him for this one. He could have taken steps to stabilize things, and yeah, he shouldn't have been burning the interest rate safety net for dubious gains in the past year or two, but a pandemic isn't something anyone is going to have control over.

It's fun to blame him on this though because of all of the undue credit be took on the issue.

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

For the most part I agree with you.

Where you can fault him though, is that much of this free fall is because the majority of Americans don't have faith in him handling and being honest in a crisis like this.

Also, if we hadn't given a gazzilion dollars in tax breaks when we shouldn't have, he would have that in his pocket as stimulus if it gets to that point.  Now, we were already running a trillion dollar deficit.  He can't go any farther down on taxes (even though he has suggested to).

He fought against raising interest rates because it would make him look bad.  So, now we don't have that to do if we need it to stimulate the economy.

So.....for the most part, we can't blame him for the pandemic.  BUT....we can blame him for not having the country in a position to be respond to a down turn in the economy.  AND....for being such a lying sack of s#!t that the country doesn't trust him to keep us safe from the threat.

• Plus1 3