The Trump Economy

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

So, my daughter is in her last semester at UNL for undergrad.  They just sent a notice out that classes are canceled next week and then when they come back from spring break, everything will be on line.  She texted me, "I'm sitting in class and feel like I should say goodbye to everyone".

This whole thing is so frustrating.  I feel so sorry for her.

No word that students should leave the dorms thought, right?  I know a lot of folks depend on their food from the college.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

No word that students should leave the dorms thought, right?  I know a lot of folks depend on their food from the college.

It says that anyone living in University housing should return to their "permanent residence".  

PS...I had this in the wrong thread.  I moved it to the other one.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

It says that anyone living in University housing should return to their "permanent residence".  

Just saw the official announcement. They're encouraging those who have nowhere to go to stay in the residence halls, and they will "continue to support" them. So that's good.

• Plus1 2

34 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Not sure where to put this, but since it's money-related, probably here.

These are staggering numbers. Remember these numbers every time a Trumper tells you we can't pay for Medicaid for All.

Yeah, it's almost like the political parties do things to help their rich donors instead of helping everyone.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Dow just closed down 2352 points, by far the worst point drop ever.
Percentage wise, the 4th worst day ever.

1. “Black Monday,” October 19, 1987 = -22.6%
  2. Great Depression, October 28, 1929 = -12.8%
  3. Great Depression, October 29, 1929 = -11.7%
  4. TODAY, March 12, 2020 = -9.99%
  5. Great Depression, November 6, 1929 = 9.92%

At 21,200, we're back where we were in May/June 2017.

1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

Whats the question all the morons in media and govt ask again?

If they can spend 1.5 trillion to prop up the stock market they can spend 1.5 trillion to help the american people get through COVID-19 with food, shelter and proper health care 

• Plus1 1