Troy Week Pressers

Mavric

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I find the first point interesting. Not a complaint. Just interesting. 

Lare in the game, it seemed like they had more success getting guys open. Were our guys tired?

If you check out Tre Neal's comment about the safety play, I'd guess that answer is no.

Bootle received a Blackshirt.  No safety did yet.

19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I find the first point interesting. Not a complaint. Just interesting. 

Lare in the game, it seemed like they had more success getting guys open. Were our guys tired?

I'm sure they were a little tired.  But I'm not sure it made much of a difference.  We had great coverage on their last TD.  There was apparently supposed to be more safety help but that was just a great throw and catch.  Nothing you can really do about it.  Same on their other long pass play.  We had great coverage but it was a perfect throw and a tremendous catch.

There were other plays where our coverage was lacking.  But - without having re-watched it yet - they more seemed like coverage busts than fatigue.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

13 minutes ago, jsneb83 said:

I am disappointed, all of these interviews and not a single one from Troy Walters.

I don't know about post-game pressers but for the week they had the same pattern for Akron and Colorado. IIRC for the coaches it's Frost on Monday and Thursday, defense Tuesday, offense Wednesday. (I could have Offense and Defense mixed up).

11 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

I said previously on the board even when he was at JUCO he never had the jets in the open field. He may be a little 'tight' but he doesn't have the burners people had hoped for. 

You could be right. 

But I think one game isn't enough to really make that call.  Coach Frost, Coach Held both seem to think he has the wheels to break those long TD runs.  And it is hard to say just how much those "first game jitters" came into play.

So... :dunno