5 reasons we beat da Badgers

1.  Martinez doesn't throw more than one interception

2.  The defense has fewer than three penalties

3.  The penalties the defense does get are not at important times in the game

4.  Special teams has practiced long and hard and will actually behave like football players

5.  The entire team wants to shock the s#!t out of us all

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, Jeepy said:

1.  Martinez doesn't throw more than one interception

2.  The defense has fewer than three penalties

3.  The penalties the defense does get are not at important times in the game

4.  Special teams has practiced long and hard and will actually behave like football players

5.  The entire team wants to shock the s#!t out of us all

Wasn't there a Husker team recently and played the Badgers straight up tougher'n Hell?   I remember the Badger news saying something to the effect that this was not a normal Nebraska team to be pushed around.  

If they could do it then why not this squad?

• Plus1 1

I guess they have started to make the koolaid really strong in Nebraska. Or may be it is spiked koolaid. 

I’ll be happy if the game is competitive through four quarters and we lose by 10 points or less. Frost will start playing the younger players to start developing them. They do not stand a chance against Wisconsin’s giants. Nevertheless, we can always hope for a miracle win. 

I like to live in an optimistic world I guess.  We beat the Crap out of a couple of our opponents but lost due to mistakes.  Fix a couple mistakes and we are right there with Wisconsin...IF the 18-21 year old believe.  Only real difference between us and the Wisconsin kids is confidence.  That's the coaching staffs job.  Very tough job right now but I believe each week could be the week that the corner is turned.  Maybe it's now or a year from now?  Either way, tail gate and have fun and hope for the best.

• Plus1 2

34 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I like to live in an optimistic world I guess.  We beat the Crap out of a couple of our opponents but lost due to mistakes.  Fix a couple mistakes and we are right there with Wisconsin...IF the 18-21 year old believe.  Only real difference between us and the Wisconsin kids is confidence.  That's the coaching staffs job.  Very tough job right now but I believe each week could be the week that the corner is turned.  Maybe it's now or a year from now?  Either way, tail gate and have fun and hope for the best.

I am not saying Nebraska can't win, but the deck is pretty much stacked against us.  Nebraska is, at this point, still a couple years behind Wisconsin in the S&C department and in terms of depth along the offensive line and front seven on defense.  I think Nebraska can fight and make the game close if they play mistake free, but that's not who we are right now.  I hate, HATE saying Nebraska can't win or doesn't stand a chance.  But until they get that win in a big game, against a marquee opponent, there's really no reason to believe we can win--aside from blind hope.  I want NU to win in the worst way, but I don't see it happening--this year.

20 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Uh and maybe the fact they have been running their offensive system for decades and defensive system for at least 5 years.  But, good golly, if you only believe in yourself, that is all you need.

23 minutes ago, yort2000 said:

Uh and maybe the fact they have been running their offensive system for decades and defensive system for at least 5 years.  But, good golly, if you only believe in yourself, that is all you need.

Mike Riley had them beat with a group of misfits that believed.  He blew it but that's beyond the point.  We have enough horses to run with them but right now I don't think our kids believe they can beat anyone.  

2 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Mike Riley had them beat with a group of misfits that believed.  He blew it but that's beyond the point.  We have enough horses to run with them but right now I don't think our kids believe they can beat anyone.  

Had them beat? When? There is a reason football is 4 quarters and Wisconsin's style of football lends itself to close games with most opponents.  On top of that, last year was not a close game.  One thing that is indicative of a team that has more "horses" than the other team is a game that is close for 2 1/2 to 3 quarters but blows open in the 4th quarter for the team that has more "horses".