Jump to content
lo country

What did we learn today

Recommended Posts

Jeff Brohm took a team that was literally in the sewer of college football and got 6 wins in his first year

 

FROST DOESNT NEED SEVERAL YEARS TO TURN A PROGRAM AROUND

  • Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Im curious about something. Do people genuinely think that the coaches just dont know to tell DBs to turn around and play the ball and you are some kind of football genius for realizing it? 

George Darlington didn’t emphasis that for years. I swear NU would have led the conference with passes that hit the back of  dbs heads if they kept a statistic. He had to change the way he taught it. Something changed that’s for sure. I think they learned from FSU coaches. Seemed the D got better after McBride and coaching crew met with them (there were 2 other teams but can’t remember who) and studied their approach. 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we a "no fear of failure" team, or are we the turtle shell team?

 

Against Colorado, we refused to run the clock down after run plays late and with the lead. Then with our starting QB out late, we are having Bunch throw the ball as well with the lead.

 

Today, late with the lead, we go into a shell. Play aggressively the entire 2nd half until we get a 2 score lead, then crawl up into a shell with basic run concepts. 

 

Even worse -- that 4th and inches call to punt after we were gashing NW with run after run. It's bad enough that it showed no faith in our offense that was whipping NW's a$$ -- but it showed faith in a defense that to this point in the year deserves no faith being placed in it.

 

But when hiring buddies, instead of the absolute best, you get the results you ask for.

 

UCF team defense rankings under Chinander ..

 

2017 - 92nd

2016 - 43rd

 

And this year ..

 

97th

 

We got what we paid for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Jeff Brohm took a team that was literally in the sewer of college football and got 6 wins in his first year

 

FROST DOESNT NEED SEVERAL YEARS TO TURN A PROGRAM AROUND

 

I've watched half a season now of this staff, so I think we're at the point where comments like these are now warranted. 

Frost himself is excellent with the offense in general. There is no doubt about it, based on both his previous resume and the way he's managed to take a true freshman QB, a true freshman I-Back, and a barely-serviceable offensive line and put points up on the board.

But the question marks really surround his defensive staff. Who is Mike Dawson? Who is Jovan Dewitt? Who is Travis Fisher?

I guess we'll find out roughly two years from now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Jeff Brohm took a team that was literally in the sewer of college football and got 6 wins in his first year

 

FROST DOESNT NEED SEVERAL YEARS TO TURN A PROGRAM AROUND

 

Clearly he needs at least 2.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Obviously you are one of those Gods who knows everything so no point arguing with you. So, you want to convince me that the coaches have made the absolute right decisions all season thus far, yet we are still at 0-6. According to your reasoning, we were distant to be 0-6 regardless. Right?

 

lol

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, huskerfan74 said:

We learned that we are LIGHTYEARS away from Michigan and Ohio State. 

 

We also learned that that it might not only be the players that are at fault...the coaches have a lot of explaining to do.

 

i am seriously questioning the decision to start ANDREW MARTINEZ over Gebbia..Frost has put a lot on the shoulders of an 18 year old who did not play his senior year in high school. I am not blaming AM. He is doing very good considering the situation he was put in but may be starting Gebbia would have sent a different message to the players who left our team.

 

Perhaps learning the name of our quarterback would be a good place to start.

  • Plus1 3
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

George Darlington didn’t emphasis that for years. I swear NU would have led the conference with passes that hit the back of  dbs heads if they kept a statistic. He had to change the way he taught it. Something changed that’s for sure. I think they learned from FSU coaches. Seemed the D got better after McBride and coaching crew met with them (there were 2 other teams but can’t remember who) and studied their approach. 

And the Bohl brought it back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

 

Perhaps learning the name of our quarterback would be a good place to start.

 

So hilarious. Wow.

 

Like the old saying that the favorite player on the team is the backup quarterback. In this case, this guy's favorite player is a kid who transferred to Oregon State.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Undone said:

 

So hilarious. Wow.

 

Like the old saying that the favorite player on the team is the backup quarterback. In this case, this guy's favorite player is a kid who transferred to Oregon State.

Yeah Patrick Gebbia should totally be starting. 

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

 

Perhaps learning the name of our quarterback would be a good place to start.

I am sorry but I did not notice that, autocorrect must have changed my typo. I know it is Adrian. There is absolutely no reason to belittle me given that you are in charge of this board. You would think you would have the decency to not be little your members. I follow been following our Huskers ever since I can remember. I am sure I know who our QB is and there is no reason for your snarky comment. How about you ban me for making an honest typo mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, huskerfan74 said:

I am sorry but I did not notice that, autocorrect must have changed my typo. I know it is Adrian. There is absolutely no reason to belittle me given that you are in charge of this board. You would think you would have the decency to not be little your members. I follow been following our Huskers ever since I can remember. I am sure I know who our QB is and there is no reason for your snarky comment. How about you ban me for making an honest typo mistake.

 

Perhaps you should take a breath, learn to laugh at yourself a little bit and take an extra second to question whether the guy breaking records (in a good way) is really the guy who should be the guy you're questioning if he should be playing.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can you be certain that if Gebbia started the first game, things would not be different? Did you see that in an alternate universe! 

 

Again, and for the millionth time, Adrian Martinez is a stud and he will be our future and he will definitely get better as the season goes on. All I have been wondering is if it was the right decision to put so much pressure on an 18 year old to win the Games for us when our defense is so bad. Giving Gebbia a chance might have taken any doubts away. That is all I am saying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...